Spacenavigator and Maya 2010 issue

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

wings

Spacenavigator and Maya 2010 issue

Post by wings »

Hello guys,

Just installed a Spacenavigator with the latest driver, intended to use with Maya 2010 under (or over?) Snow Leopard. The prefs pane shows, the demos are working, the 3D Control menu appears in the application - however, nothing happens: Maya doesn't react to any input from the controller.

Any ideas? What went wrong? Thanks.
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Hi wings,

What happens if you run

Code: Select all

MagellanStartup; 
on the mel prompt once?
Robert Stadie
wings

Post by wings »

What happens is... our little baby starts to work :] Thank you very much for your help, highly appreciated. Just curious, what was the issue here?
RVeldhuyzen

Post by RVeldhuyzen »

I have this same problem running Maya 2010 on OSX 10.6.5 with the newest SpaceNavigator driver.
The SN works fine in Photoshop and the Demo's. When starting Maya the '3D Control' menu is in the menubar but it does not respond. Entering the MagellanStartup; command does not help either.
Any suggestions?
It's time to roll the dice...
RVeldhuyzen

Post by RVeldhuyzen »

RVeldhuyzen wrote:I have this same problem running Maya 2010 on OSX 10.6.5 with the newest SpaceNavigator driver.
The SN works fine in Photoshop and the Demo's. When starting Maya the '3D Control' menu is in the menubar but it does not respond. Entering the MagellanStartup; command does not help either.
Any suggestions?
Okay, so with a lot of trouble I was finally able to COMPLETELY remove maya using AppZapper for OSX. This deletes ALL the files the uninstaller leaves behind.
After removing Maya this way and reinstalling it the SpaceNavigator worked fine!
Now two days later I start Maya, and I'm back at square one! No response from the SpaceNavigator whatsoever in Maya. Photoshop and the Demo's work fine.
So what, I need to uninstall and install Maya EVERY time I want to use the SN in it?
Come one, what is the problem here?
It's time to roll the dice...