can't pan/ zoom in photoshop, but it's definitely working!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

skuttling

can't pan/ zoom in photoshop, but it's definitely working!

Post by skuttling »

I can change brush size, so I know my Space Navigator is working in photoshop CS4, but i can't pan or zoom. Any ideas on what to do?

Works great in Maya by the way! Makes my classes ten times easier. I dont' tell anyone, don't want them to think i'm cheating (^_^ )
UtaSH

Re: can't pan/ zoom in photoshop, but it's definitely workin

Post by UtaSH »

Hi skuttling,

you are not cheating - you are using a professional tool!! :)

Did you check the settings in the driver panel? (see the tab "App Configuration").

It might as well help if you delete your own configuration for CS4. In the 3Dconnexion control panel open the menu "Options" and then select "Delete Saved Configuration". There you can select the configuration you have for CS4 and delete it.

Does it help?
skuttling

Post by skuttling »

I reset the preferences, and that got zoom working but pan is still on the fritz. Mostly pan is what I'm looking to get working, there are other ways to zoom that I like.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi skuttling,

when you reset the defaults you have to check anyway the zoom direction in the first tab "Device Configuration". In the tab "App Configuration" the boxes for "Pan/Zoom" and "Tilt/Spin/Roll" have to be checked. And in the last tab "Advanced Settings" all boxes on the left side have to be checked and none on the right side. Is this the case?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi skuttling,

are you aware that pan is only available if the picture is zoomed in so close that at least one of the borders of the picture do not fit into the window? Only then it is possible to pan.
skuttling

Post by skuttling »

Yes, I'm aware. I'll try it again and see if i was being to hasty.
skuttling

Post by skuttling »

Okay, it's working, but the reason i didn't notice is that it is mind numbingly slow. I pushed the speed all the way up and it's still incredibly slow. it taps maybe five pixels every half second. It's not smooth at all (I don't know if it's supposed to be).

Is this how it's supposed to work?
skuttling

Post by skuttling »

Okay, it's working, but the reason i didn't notice is that it is mind numbingly slow. I pushed the speed all the way up and it's still incredibly slow. it taps maybe five pixels every half second. It's not smooth at all (I don't know if it's supposed to be).

Is this how it's supposed to work?
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Hi,

It's possible that some settings were inadvertently corrupted. Please reset the driver by doing the following:

1. In the 3Dconnexion preference pane, select Photoshop CS4
2. Go to the Device and Advanced tabs and click Use Defaults

Does the slow pan speed happen with every image including some of the samples from Photoshop? If it only happens on certain files, can we get a copy of one of the files so we can investigate it further?

Thanks
su-Y

Post by su-Y »

I have similar problem, i have spacenavigator PE and osX snow leo.
When i try to pan/zoom in photoshop cs4 extended NOTHING happenes, no matter how hard i try, but when i load a 3d object into it i can controll it. also when i go into file-automate-3dxPhotoshop also happens, but i'm not sure if something is supposed to happen. Any suggestions?
everything works well cin cinema 4d btw
Bumper

Post by Bumper »

I find that I will occasionally lose full functionality of zoom and pan. If I have one or more other files open in PS (CS3) zoom will stop down to a crawl, requiring individual tugs/pushes on the jog in order to get a zoom. Pan however disappears all together. However once I close the other file(s) zoom and pan come back in strength.

It's something of a feature killer for me.

SpacePilot Pro
Dell XPS desktop (Intel 6700 2.66GHz)
XP Professional (IT promises an upgrade to Window 7 - fingers crossed)
Photoshop CS3
3 Gigs of Ram

Thanks
-Lee
Bumper

Errr....

Post by Bumper »

Oops, wrong forum. Sorry.

Bumper wrote:I find that I will occasionally lose full functionality of zoom and pan. If I have one or more other files open in PS (CS3) zoom will stop down to a crawl, requiring individual tugs/pushes on the jog in order to get a zoom. Pan however disappears all together. However once I close the other file(s) zoom and pan come back in strength.

It's something of a feature killer for me.

SpacePilot Pro
Dell XPS desktop (Intel 6700 2.66GHz)
XP Professional (IT promises an upgrade to Window 7 - fingers crossed)
Photoshop CS3
3 Gigs of Ram

Thanks
-Lee
Dextera

Post by Dextera »

su-Y wrote:I have similar problem, i have spacenavigator PE and osX snow leo.
When i try to pan/zoom in photoshop cs4 extended NOTHING happenes, no matter how hard i try, but when i load a 3d object into it i can controll it. also when i go into file-automate-3dxPhotoshop also happens, but i'm not sure if something is supposed to happen. Any suggestions?
everything works well cin cinema 4d btw
Same probleme here ...
Snow Leopard 10.6.2 + Photoshop CS4 11.0.1
No move, no zoom, no ...

Everything works well in Adobe Acrobat Pro.
schopaia

Re: can't pan/ zoom in photoshop, but it's definitely workin

Post by schopaia »

Same exact problem 4 years later...

Creative Cloud
Mavericks
Spacenavigator