64-bit support for Snow Leopard?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Mux

64-bit support for Snow Leopard?

Post by Mux »

Hi,

I own a SpaceNavigator which I like lots, but my Mac runs in 64-bit mode by default and every time I want to use the SpaceNavigator I have to reboot in 32-bit mode, which is very inconvenient!

Wil a 64-bit clean recompile of the driver be released anytime soon? Thank you. :)
Bryan

3DxMacWare

Post by Bryan »

Dear Mux.

What driver version do you read in the 'About 3Dconnexion' under the 'Configuration' dropdown in '3Dconnexion' Control Panel under 'Others' in 'System Preferences'?

Sincerely,
Bryan
The more things change, the more they remain the same. ; ^ )
kyoseki

Post by kyoseki »

Same problem here, no worky, no little blue light.

Installed the latest driver version, 1.5.7, the system preferences panel says (32-bit) though.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Dear kyoseki,

It doesn't work at all, or is it just that the blue light is turned off? Does it work in the demos?

Sincerely,
Bryan
The more things change, the more they remain the same. ; ^ )
seacrets

Post by seacrets »

Same problem here. Snow Leopard 64 bits not working. Snow Leopard 32 bit, working. Possibly need to recompile the driver.

Dear Bryan: It does not work at all. The blue light is off, the demos doesn't work (in 64 bit mode)

Latest version (to my knowledge) 1.5.7
UtaSH

Re: 64-bit support for Snow Leopard?

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

unfortunately we could not confirm the current Mac driver to work for both: 32bit and 64 bit. Sorry for the delay. We are now working on a solution for 64bit, too. Please be patient and check from time to time our download site for a new release.
seacrets

Post by seacrets »

New version 1.5.8 Still doesn't solve the problem.

I'll keep an eye for upcoming updates
Mux

Post by Mux »

My version at the time of posting was 1.5.7, but 1.5.8 is the same story. The device doesn't work at all as others have explained.

Good to hear work has started on a solution. Thanks for the information. :)
e.bardiere

Post by e.bardiere »

Seem to be ok with google earth
Mux

Post by Mux »

Are you sure you run in 64-bit mode? You can check this by opening the System Profiler, then choosing "Software" on the left and check if "64-bit Kernel and Extensions" says "Yes".
seacrets

Post by seacrets »

uludwig wrote:Hi all,

unfortunately we could not confirm the current Mac driver to work for both: 32bit and 64 bit. Sorry for the delay. We are now working on a solution for 64bit, too. Please be patient and check from time to time our download site for a new release.
Hello, do you have any expected release time for the new driver? (some weeks, some months..)

Thank you
seacrets

Post by seacrets »

seacrets wrote:
uludwig wrote:Hi all,

Hello, do you have any expected release time for the new driver? (some weeks, some months..)

Thank you
Maybe a couple of years then...
goku

Post by goku »

I have the same problem.
I running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (64 bit mode). I try to install Space navigator without success to use with Osirix 3.6.1 64-bit
dggraphics

64bit Support?

Post by dggraphics »

Any update as to what is happening with 64bit support? Would like to e able to boot up in 64bit mode
Mux

Post by Mux »

Uta, could you give us an estimation about a release date?