Second Life y-axis and z-axis interchanged

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

transco

Second Life y-axis and z-axis interchanged

Post by transco »

For some reason, the y-axis and z-axis movements have interchanged resulting in avatar movement as follows: lift knob up = forward, press knob down = backwards, push knob forward = up (fly), pull knob back = down.
Anyone know how to fix this? All other app's work correctly.
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

You can change the Zoom direction for SecondLife using the 3Dconnexion preference pane in System Preferences.

Another option is to change this in SecondLife itself using their Joystick configuration dialog
transco

Post by transco »

flomotan wrote:You can change the Zoom direction for SecondLife using the 3Dconnexion preference pane in System Preferences.

Another option is to change this in SecondLife itself using their Joystick configuration dialog
Sorry to be so dense, but I tried both options (zoom up/down and zoom forward). In all other app's that I have, it indeed changed the zoom axis. Unfortunately, it had no effect on Second Life. I looked at Second Life's 'Joystick Configuration', but can't see any way to swap axis. If you can tell me how to do this I be most greatful.
transco

Post by transco »

I forgot to mention, as it is now, knob up/down is in 'Axis 1' and forward/backward is in 'Axis 2'.
transco

Post by transco »

Oops, stupid me. I see now how to do it by changing the mapping numbers. Please ignore the above.
spyvspy

Post by spyvspy »

transco wrote:Oops, stupid me. I see now how to do it by changing the mapping numbers. Please ignore the above.
Can u share please? I'm with the same problem. Getting freak with this, don't why changes it I didn't change any settings on SL neither on preferences (MAC OSX 10.5.7 3dconnections PE)
spyvspy

Post by spyvspy »

spyvspy wrote:
transco wrote:Oops, stupid me. I see now how to do it by changing the mapping numbers. Please ignore the above.
Can u share please? I'm with the same problem. Getting freak with this, don't know why changes alone. I didn't change any settings on SL neither on preferences (MAC OSX 10.5.7 3dconnections PE)