Space Navigator - Google SketchUp7 (Mac)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

safe

Space Navigator - Google SketchUp7 (Mac)

Post by safe »

Hello,

bought SpaceNavigator PE and installed with newest software/driver version, which is downloadable from this site.

Everything worked fine, and i was able to navigate in the 3 Demos.

However, I found that trying to use it with SU7 it don't work at all ?! Had a look in the plugin folder at:

/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/plugins/

where all of my other plugins are located.....

i can't see any plugins like "3DxSketchUp.bundle.plugin" and "3DxSketchUp.rb".

I also searched my MacBook regarding the 2 plugins, without success.

De installed and re installed everything all over again, without success.

Is there any chance that someone can send me the SU plugins, so I can move them in the plugins folder by myself?

Thanks in advance
parsipal

Post by parsipal »

Same problem here.
Where we can find the plugin files?

Thank you in advance
Parsipal
donalfonsho

Post by donalfonsho »

i got the exact same problem
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

The installer will put the 3Dconnexion files in /Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/plugins/

Do you also have SketchUp 6 installed on the system? If yes, try temporarily renaming
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 6/SketchUp/plugins/

to
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp Save6/SketchUp/plugins/

then run the installer again. After the install, rename the folder back.
safe

again ! :-)

Post by safe »

flomotan wrote:The installer will put the 3Dconnexion files in /Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/plugins/

Do you also have SketchUp 6 installed on the system? If yes, try temporarily renaming
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 6/SketchUp/plugins/

to
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp Save6/SketchUp/plugins/

then run the installer again. After the install, rename the folder back.
The Installer I downloaded from this site, don't install the PlugIns in the PlugIn Folder. I searched the Installer, and was not able to find any PlugIns for SU7. There is just a plugin for "FormZ".

I don't have SU6 or any other SU versions on my mac. I desintalled and reinstalled everything again and again, even SU, without finding the PlugIns.

What I don't understand is, why not just send the people (and obviously there are many) the 2 PlugIns, and we all can place them by ourself in the PlugIn folder. They are small files, no big deal to send them via email.

So If you or someone else would be so kind to send them to me:

safeandvault@mac.com

I would appreciate that very much. I have next week a presentation, and would like to use it.

Kind Regards
bradygilchrist

Same problem

Post by bradygilchrist »

Does anyone know how I can get the files for I can drop them in the directory myself?

This problem has been going on way to long as a I look through all the posts about it.

B
safe

Re: Same problem

Post by safe »

bradygilchrist wrote:Does anyone know how I can get the files for I can drop them in the directory myself?

This problem has been going on way to long as a I look through all the posts about it.

B
as you can see, I posted the same 2 months ago. No success ! My Space Navigator is collecting dust. I really ask myself why is it so difficult to send people the files to their email, or set up a download link, so we can put them in the right folder by ourselfs.

Nobody seems to care.
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Hello,

I just sent you an email with the plugin files. We would like to understand the install issue that's preventing these files from being installed properly. Please send back the information requested on the email so we can identify the problem.

Thanks
safe

Post by safe »

flomotan wrote:Hello,

I just sent you an email with the plugin files. We would like to understand the install issue that's preventing these files from being installed properly. Please send back the information requested on the email so we can identify the problem.

Thanks
Received your mail, many thanks. I am now in China and will be back in around a month, then I will try it. I am sure it will work. As I said above, the only PlugIns i was able to find in the download, are the ones for "FormZ". I searched the downloaded file in detail and no where I have seen the SU PlugIns. I was able to use the space navigator in the demos, but not in the program(SU) itself.

It seems for me that this is a mac issue, since it work smooth in windows. I got windows running with bootcamp on my mac, with ProE, Solidworks, SU7, UGS, Inventor, 3DMax...and it works on the windows partition.

I tried even on another macBook, without suceess. SU is a quite simple program, and I think that just the 2 plugins have to be placed in the plugin folder and then it should work. Will let you know.

Thanks so far, even if it was with a 2 months delay. I am sure many here will appreciate that. I know I do...

Regards
fionmacool

Same problem. Why isn't this fixed?

Post by fionmacool »

This is clearly a problem for many users. Why isn't it fixed by now? I am awaiting a response regarding the drivers. Hopefully I will obtain them but why are they not available on this website?

:evil:
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Hello,

I sent you a note which will hopefully help us diagnose this problem. I appreciate any help you can provide in trouble shooting this issue. Not all systems exhibit this install issue and we would really like to be able to solve it for everyone

Thanks
sjatkins

As this been diagnosed yet? (Space Navigator with SU 7)

Post by sjatkins »

I have the same problem with sketch up not using or responding to my Space Navigator. As I have seen many post about this what is the solution?
Morbeous

Post by Morbeous »

I have not installed version 7 but I had a problem with versions 6. It had to do with case sensitivity. The plug in folder under/Google Sketchup 6/Contents was spelled "Plugins" with a capital "P". I renamed the folder "plugins" with a lower case "p" and the plug in loaded. i renamed the folder back to the original spelling afterwards.

If you don't know, to see the "Contents" folder, right click on the "Sketchup" icon and select "Show Package Contents".