Uhh, Photoshop CS4 extended

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

iggy

Post by iggy »

Actually, when CS4 came out it didn't work at all. The latest driver works, but not well. It just needs some tweaking. 3DC says it's not technically supported. I suppose that means if it works at all it's a bonus!
David.Mac

Post by David.Mac »

Sadly on my my MacPro nothing functions at all in PS4 X except the two side buttons.

Ho hum .........
David Mac
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Please check that the plug-in for Photoshop is properly installed. It should be in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS4/Plug-ins/3Dconnexion

If you don't see it there, re-run the driver installer. Be sure to use v1.5.6 of the 3Dconnexion driver
iggy

Still not working correctly

Post by iggy »

I'm sorry moderator, but this device does not work correctly on with CS4 Extended--at least on (my) a Mac. I reinstalled the driver just in case although the plug in was where it suppose to be. When I release the SN the OBJ jumps about for a second. It doesn't make the device unusable, but it's not 100% right. I think Logitech can afford a Mac to try this out on! :wink: It's almost there--it would be great if you guys could tweak it a bit.
David.Mac

Post by David.Mac »

Hi flomotan.

Yes the plugin is there and yes I have 1.5.6 (it shows CS4 in the control panel dropdown) .I have naturally done several re-installs in case something was 'sticking' on install.

So I gave it another try. This time I physically removed the plugin from PS before re-installing ...... and this time it worked. Beats me ......

However it is not very functional. I can report exactly the same problem as iggy. When you first touch the navigator the image leaps uncontrollably for a moment and then settles down and follows the navigator. For big adjustments one can just about live with it but for small tweaks it is so visually distracting as to make the Navigator all but useless.

So near and yet so far ......

David Mac
David Mac
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Hi David and Iggy,

Thanks for reporting the issue with the view "jumping" when stopping navigation in 3D. We have reported this issue to Adobe and hopefully it will be fixed in the first patch they'll release for Photoshop
iggy

Post by iggy »

Flo,

Thanks in advance for your effort.
David.Mac

Post by David.Mac »

Yes thank you for giving this your attention.

Just one clarification. Oddly my problem is the reverse of iggy's. The image jumps when you start navigating not when you stop. The minute you move the navigator for the first time the image jumps wildly then settles down and follows the navigator until you stop. The minute you pause and start again, it jumps again.

Thanks
David Mac
iggy

Post by iggy »

To anyone in this original string; in case you don't follow this forum regularly I thought I would include this note here as well:

In the past I had written that Space Navigator PE did not work properly in CS4 PS. Well, I'm glad to report that I just downloaded 11.0.1 update and it seems to work fine! This is very good news since the widgets in PS are over designed in MHO and a pain.