SketchUp 6 and SketchUp 7

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

cjmorrison1

Now happy

Post by cjmorrison1 »

I must ret-tract what I said in the previous post. It appears I did not have the most recent version of the driver installed. It is now installed and appears to be working correctly.

My apologies for my words.

A happy and apologetic Chris.
greenfrog5

Same SU7 mac problem as others, but Google Earth works

Post by greenfrog5 »

Same problem as many others: SU7 plugin won't install. I've tried everything on the web and nothing works.
Works fine in Google Earth

I get the "pointer being freed was not allocated " errors mentioned above when starting SU.

While I understand your reason for withholding the plugin files to help gain information to help troubleshoot the problem, the inconvenience imposed on your customers for not being able to download it immediately is unacceptable.

I am more than willing to provide you debugging info to help you solve your problem, and expect prompt email-delivery of the files necessary (as you have done for other people) to solve mine.

MacBook Pro
2.4 GHz Intel Core2 Duo
4 GB RAM
OSX 10.5.8
SU7

Thanks
Aaron
greenfrog5

Problem Resolved Here Too

Post by greenfrog5 »

I guess I should apologize and retract my previous statement as well. Downloading the most recent 3dxMacWare driver from the website resolved my issue.

I had not tried this, as when I did a 'driver update' the version that I had installed responded that I had the most updated version. When checking the version of the installer itself, it is 3.0.something, obviously more recent than 3dxMacWare 1.5.8

This could be made more clear,
Aaron
Einstijn

Post by Einstijn »

Have some trouble with the different viewing modes using the 3dspace navigator in sketchup 7.1

When i use the center of rotation mode everything works fine, but when i swith it to Camera mode, all axes are inverted.

when i go to system preferences > invert axes, the camera mode works fine, but the center of rotation mode is inverted..

Is there an option to to let them both work the way i want to without having to swtich axes everytime i switch to camera mode and back ?

thx in advance!
i am using sketchup 7.1 pro on a mbp snow leopard
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Einstijn,

are you aware that "Camera Mode" means you do not control the object, but the view? It is like you have a camera in your hand and are moveing the camera to look at the object. For people who are not used to this mode it feels as if the axis are inverted. Look at your monitor and then move the head to the right - the monitor will be left. This is how the camera mode works.

Please open the menu "Plugins" in Sketchup and select "3DxSketchup". Here the last item is "Help". This help file has a lot of information in it. For example in the section "3DxSketchup Toolbar" it describes the "Camera Mode":
Camera Mode

Changes the navigation from object mode to camera mode. You will now be able to move yourself around your design. When this mode is selecting, Center of Rotation features are either grayed out or do not apply.
Einstijn

Post by Einstijn »

Thank u uludwig for you reply,

i understand that the camera mode doesn't control the object but the camera, i dont know if it is just me but it feels very un natural

i think its weird that when i am in camera mode and push the navigator down, the camera goes up, and when i put it down it goes up. maybe it is cause i use google earth a lot and there it is just the other way around.

I have read the help file but i cant find anything about changing this, without changing the axes in Center of rotation mode aswell. So it is probably not possible to invert them in camera mode only ?

thx in advance!
einstijn