Space Navigator + Maya 2008

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

HerbyGunther

Space Navigator + Maya 2008

Post by HerbyGunther »

Hi, I got my Space Navigator running on Maya 2008. At first it didn't work but I had to type in Mellagan or something. It works fine, quite fun to use it actually, but I have a problem. I cannot PAN! I set the thing up to up down zoom and reversed all axis. No matter what I try, I cannot pan. Fly mode is off. Can someone help me? Thanks.
HerbyGunther

Post by HerbyGunther »

Please teach me how to pan in Maya using Space Nav. :)
HerbyGunther

Post by HerbyGunther »

Can someone please give me a tip? At least someone from 3DConnexion. I'm not kidding, I have tried everything, but cannot get "panning" to work. Not at all.
HerbyGunther

Post by HerbyGunther »

Okay, 60 views but no replies, thanks for the help. :roll:
Let me clarify my question. I have Camera mode on instead of Scene. Fly mode off. So it now rotates around the object selection pivot. Great! That's what I need. I have an impression that panning is not available in this mode. That's why I'm asking. I'm I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with the driver or my settings. If panning is not available (and only through fly mode) that this device is useless to me. Thanks in advance for the help.
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Hi,

Which operating System do you use?
Robert Stadie
HerbyGunther

Post by HerbyGunther »

I'm using OS X and Windows XP. But I got it to work. It was because of Fly mode. Now I know how to handle it.