Convincing: Three apps matter to me. Only one supported.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

osakanone

Convincing: Three apps matter to me. Only one supported.

Post by osakanone »

#1: Photoshop CS3 - The mainstay of what I do. Used on conjunction with a Wacom Intuos 3 8x6. Support in Mac OS X 10.5 is said to be patchy.

#2: Modo 302 - My 3D modeling/texturing/surfacing application. Windows & Mac. Built ontop of Light-Wave: Do an hour of quad modeling in 10 minutes with revolutionary 3-axis Sub-Divisional modeling tools and sculpting tools.

One of the most sought after features is SpaceNavigator support to go with what is undisputedly THE best modeling application in the business.

#3: Cinema 4D: Mac & PC for animation and batch rendering. Support has been promised forever. Frankly, I'm wondering if anyone who WORKS at 3DConnexion/Logitech even BROWSES these forums to see the complaints.

The product is very tempting but the lack of compatibility is a serious turn-off.
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

On Photoshop CS3, we'd like to improve the product offering. Do you have more details on what can be done better?

For Cinema 4D, Maxon is in the process of releasing r11 which will add support for 3Dconnexion devices. Please refer to their web site for more information.
HerbyGunther

Post by HerbyGunther »

I agree with the poster. Those applications mentioned are apps that really need to be supported in order for this device to be taken seriously by CGI professionals. modo is indeed one of the best modeling apps around, a 3D mouse would fit perfectly in the workflow. If modo support is available I will purchase a higher end Space*** immediatly.
In Photoshop CS3 I think the scrolling can be a lot smoother.

(I have only used Space Navigator for one day.)
Evopro

Modo should be highest priority

Post by Evopro »

As soon as you have drivers for Modo on the Mac you have at least 1000 new customers!

If nothing else makes sense to you guys, that should mean something. The rumor will spread like wildfire among Modo users....

Get going and do what is obviously the right thing...