What a waste of time!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

flamejob

What a waste of time!

Post by flamejob »

After following the advice of this data sheet I went and bought a SpacePilot.... http://www.3dconnexion.com/docs/SpacePi ... asheet.pdf.

Now I come to the forum, all I see is a company that doesn't want to to business with Mac users, what a shame. After first using the spaceball on CATIA I now use a Mac (Vectorworks 11.5 and Sketchup) and am really disappointed.

Is a driver in the pipeline?
Bryan

We like working with Mac users

Post by Bryan »

Dear Flamejob,

We like working with Mac users. On the 'Driver Download' Page under the 'Support' Menu on 'www.3dconnexion.com', if you select 'SpaceNavigator SE', you will find our driver for the Mac, '3DxMacWare v1.5.1'.

Under the 'Solutions' Menu, you will find listed all the applications that are currently using our Mac Driver. Six new ones have been added. Among them VectorWorks 2008 SP3. SketchUp versions 6.0 - 6.4 are listed there as well.

Sincerely,
Bryan
flamejob

Post by flamejob »

Hi Bryan

Apologies for the slightly ranty nature of my original post, it's just due to frustration.

Does that driver work with the SpacePilot? I an now confused as to whether the SpacePilot is supported as some information says yes (the datasheet linked above) and other information doesn't.
flamejob

Post by flamejob »

I see the datasheet has now been modified to remove the SpacePilot from OS X compatibility.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Hello Flame:

Please see this post:

viewtopic.php?t=335
flamejob

Post by flamejob »

I have a SpaceNavigator now :)

I didn't see the point of having an expensive device that has the same functionality of the cheapest in the range.
flamejob

Post by flamejob »

I have now found the superbly produced ControllerMate, which allows you to make application specific virtual drivers for the Space Navigator if you have a little idea about how HID and other input devices work.

Url has been removed.
Board Rules regarding Ads.

viewtopic.php?t=5
dwerf

Post by dwerf »

Your 3D device IS supported in the next release of Cinema 4D, R11. If you download the latest version, it will already work! After downloading and starting it up, go to Windows > 3Dconnexion and keep this panel open to use you SpacePilot.
flamejob

Post by flamejob »

Talk about a SPAM post! What is he on about??
dwerf

Post by dwerf »

You're right, I mixed this thread up with one about Cinema 4D. I have no intention to sell you Cinema 4D. Sorry!
flamejob

Post by flamejob »

:lol: