Cant get my SN to work with Archicad

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Per Egil

Cant get my SN to work with Archicad

Post by Per Egil »

Hi

I have bought myself a SpaceNavigator (PE) to use with my Archicad 11. My first problem was after installing the driver the system crashes as the configuration wizard starts. (the screen turns black with a message that the computer has to restart).
Looks like the driver got installed correctly because the SN works with the tutorial "box".
Have tried to use the SN in archicad with no response. Do i have to change some settings in the program or install some addons?

Could anyone plz help me? I have read a lot of post here and on the Graphisoft forum without any luck...

PS. Tried the mouse with Archicad on a computer with windows and it worked like a charm on the first try...
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

If you're running Leopard and you used the driver CD from the box, then please download the latest driver and install it.

The latest 3Dconnexion v1.5 Mac driver has a work around for this crashing issue in Leopard. Apple has been informed of this issue.
Per Egil

Post by Per Egil »

hmmm, not running Leopard and tried the newest driver... But the strange thing is that the spacemouse works with the tutorial box but not with Archicad. Just cant figure it out...
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

The version of ArchiCAD that we tested and certified v11 (1210). Please use this or a newer version.

To test navigation, go to a 3D Perspective or Axonometry view.