poblem with mac Remote desktop and using spaceNavigator

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Leetem

Post by Leetem »

cant use spacenavigator in the computer u want to take over.
it doesn't see it like it does a normal mouse
Leetem

Post by Leetem »

sorry and the Qustion is how can i make it posible to be seen by the computer u are taking over (like its pluged in in the computer itself)
Cause a regular mouse doesn't have to be in the usb conection in the computer i am taking over.
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

As far as I'm aware, Remote Desktop does not transport USB events from the local machine to the remote machine. Kb and mouse events from the local machine are simulated on the remote machine.

For this to work Apple, or some other 3rd party, will have to provide an application that makes local USB ports appear as "virtual" ports on the remote machine. The remote machine can then be configured to connect to your device on the local machine.
Leetem

Post by Leetem »

events from the local machine are simulated on the remote machine.
So is it posible to simulate the same as done to a mouse to the SpaceNavigator?
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Getting USB events to the remote machine is only part of the requirement here. Another aspect is performance and quality of the displayed renderings. This has to be optimized so it can be transported to the local machine for immediate display. Otherwise, controlling the view could be difficult. This is probably the tougher part of making this work and it's something Apple will have to put effort into. I'll communicate the request to them.