SpaceNavigator PE bugs (Mac)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

PatriceC

SpaceNavigator PE bugs (Mac)

Post by PatriceC »

So far:

1. Can't program buttons yet (or, new macros do not stay)
2. No update function in the System Preferences pane
3. ? button in System Preferences pane can't tell you are network connected (at least using Airport wireless)
PatriceC

Post by PatriceC »

@ my #2 found the update function.. in the pulldown that lets you choose Applications etc.
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Hi Patrice,

Sorry for the delay. What Mac version and application do you use? Do you still have these issues?
I do not understand your 3rd issue:

Code: Select all

3. ? button in System Preferences pane can't tell you are network connected (at least using Airport wireless)
Perhaps you can explain that to me? Is this caused by our driver?
Robert Stadie
PatriceC

Mac bugs

Post by PatriceC »

1. in the Space Navigator pane, in System Preferences, there is a tab to assign values to buttons. It seems to revert to the same settings (right button brings up the Space Navigator settings) left button toggles views. I think this is the same in Windows (from other posts).

2. In the pane, the ? button brings up a browser window, with this message:
[quote]
Internet connection required
The help topic you
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

For issue #1, which application are you trying to set button options for and what are you assigning for the buttons?

On issue #2, this seems to be a problem with Apple Help. Several other applications are reporting the same issue. I've also seen this on my machine and can't figure out what is going on. I have internet connection so Help should not be complaining. We've reported the issue to Apple.
PatriceC

Post by PatriceC »

flomotan wrote:For issue #1, which application are you trying to set button options for and what are you assigning for the buttons?

On issue #2, this seems to be a problem with Apple Help. Several other applications are reporting the same issue. I've also seen this on my machine and can't figure out what is going on. I have internet connection so Help should not be complaining. We've reported the issue to Apple.
Thanks... I am trying to assign the Right SN button to type M in the application Second Life Release Candidate 1.20.4.
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

I can reproduce this issue if I "add" the "Second Life Release Candidate.app" using the 3Dconnexion preferences tool. The issue is the assigned name of the application is not consistent with the "bundle" information.

A workaround for this is to rename "Second Life Release Candidate.app" to "Second Life.app" then add the application to our preferences panel. Be sure to delete the other Second Life entry if one exists.

If you didn't add SL, you can also just modify the "Any Application" option and assign the button command there. I tried this and it works fine too
PatriceC

Thanks- that works!

Post by PatriceC »

I renamed the application... now it works fine