Maya 2008 help

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ferni59ff

Maya 2008 help

Post by ferni59ff »

I bought a space navigator and it works perfectly in the demos, and photoshop but it does not work when it comes to autodesk maya 2008.
If anyone has solutions please reply. Thanks.

my ticket # is (04146698ff)
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Hi,

Which Mac OS and driver version do you use?
Robert Stadie
ferni59ff

Post by ferni59ff »

Im currenly using 10.5.2 on my mac and for my driver i am using 3dxmacware 1.4.1
ferni59ff

Post by ferni59ff »

can someone plz reply :D
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Hi,

I'll need some specific details on what the issue is. Some initial things to check are:

- Ensure the 3Dconnexion MEL scripts are properly installed.
- If the MEL scripts are installed, is there an error message that shows up when you launch Maya. Check the MEL script console for errors.
- If there are no errors, what happens if you type "MagellanStartup;" on the MEL prompt.
ferni59ff

Post by ferni59ff »

Hi, Flomotan

Yes, everything is ok i installed it properly and when i put MagellanStartup; it works. But when i barely move the navigator it goes all fast, ive tried to apply the speed but nothing happens.

P.s: is there a way to use it all the time with out writing MagellanStartup;

Thx
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

You can adjust the speed on the 3Dconnexion settings dialog inside Maya. Bring up this dialog by clicking on the left SpaceNavigator button. There are speed sliders on the bottom.

You normally don't have to keep typing MagellanStartup; to make this work. Try moving all the 3Dconnexion MEL scripts to /Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/scripts.
ferni59ff

Post by ferni59ff »

is the 3d connexion setting in maya or the preference plane in system preferences.
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

There is a 3Dconnexion settings dialog inside Maya. This dialog has specific options just for Maya. The quickest way to get to it is to click on the left SpaceNavigator button. You can use this dialog in conjunction with your System Preferences
ferni59ff

Post by ferni59ff »

Flomotan,

do i have to install something extra or configure my buttons to open the dialogue box in maya, because they are unassigned.

Although i see a button configuration of 3d connexions preference plane but it opens the one in system preferences.
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

No need to install anything else. By default, the left button on your SpaceNavigator will display the 3Dconnexion Maya settings dialog. What happens when you click on the left SpaceNavigator button?

You can also type MagellanToggleOptionWindow in your MEL script console prompt and this will show or hide the dialog.
ferni59ff

Post by ferni59ff »

Flomotan,

When i press it nothing happens and i press the default button configuration and they turn into unassigned
ferni59ff

Post by ferni59ff »

i also typed in magellantoggleoptionwindow and it says "error: no window found"
ferni59ff

Post by ferni59ff »

Flomotan,

Nevermind i got everything to work now, the dialogue window didn't come out because i didn't put magellanstartup;. I also got it to work on startup without typing anything. Well thanks for all your help.
fishbrain

Post by fishbrain »

I cant get the shelf to reappear. I threw it away to get a new version of 3D connexion installed and now I cant get it back.
Any ideas?
I can only use this controller in PC mode and I am normally in Mac mode!
thanks** :)