What app would you like to see supported on Mac OS X?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

What application would you love to see supported on Mac OS X?

Poll ended at Sat May 10, 2008 1:04 pm

Motion
5%
Final Cut
9%
iMovie
No votes
Cinema4D
59%
zBrush
5%
Logic Express/Pro
5%
After Effects
18%
InDesign
No votes
Apple Shake
No votes
Apple Shake
No votes
Apple Shake
No votes
Apple Shake
No votes

Total votes: 22

Robert^

VMWare Fusion 2.0

Post by Robert^ »

Hi,

I and probably many others are running CAD tools inside VMWare 2.0 on Mac OS X 10.5 for industrial design and architecture.

Rhinocerous for Mac is still in development for another year. I am using 4.0 running on Win XP inside Fusion 2.0 on a recent Intel Mac.

Please, please add VMWare Fusion to your supported list.

My ancient Wacom pen tablet works fine with everything that runs on my machine - including the above. If you could accomplish the same with Space Navigator it would be fantastic.

VMWare Fusion is in the App list in the current driver but I am not able to get it to work.

Thanks,
Robert
Evopro

Mac OS X and creative people

Post by Evopro »

I think you can objectively say that the number of creative right brained people using Mac OS X are substantially higher than the number of such people forced to use Windows. To not have OS X drivers for your products is far worse that negligence.

You would get very many new faithful customers in the creative industries if you made great OS X drivers, especially in the 3D, graphical and video sections. We are talking tens of thousands here!

It is frankly very surprising that you have not created OS X drivers and even more so considering what users would be attracted to your products. My feeling is that your company is a PC Windows company and that you simply are stuck and not very flexible. Ouch - that must suck big time!

In any case, make your products function on the Mac especially with the following software:

Luxology Modo
All Adobe software
Final Cut Studio
Archicad
Maya
In fact, all 3D software on the Mac!

The best things would be to develop a general driver app that can be fully customized to work with any Mac OS X application.

If you guys are stuck at this, I know someone who could make that happen - and fast. Get your thumbs out and get going!

:D
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Thanks Evopro for the feedback. We have on going discussions with the companies you listed below to see how they can support our 3D mice in their product offerings. Once additional support is available, an update will be posted.

I also wanted to mention that some of the applications listed do support 3Dconnexion controllers today. They are:

- Adobe Photoshop
- Graphisoft ArchiCAD
- Autodesk Maya
trafficarte

Post by trafficarte »

I know nothing about drivers, but still wondering why it can't be supported directly inside MacOSX.
Meanwhile: LogicPro and FinalCut!!!

tanx

Ugo
Morbeous

Post by Morbeous »

Zbrush. That would be a real big productivity boost for me.
Micezodiac

Support fpr Daz3D Studio

Post by Micezodiac »

I need the SpaceNavigator in Daz3D Studio 3

Why it is only supported under MS Windows?

Thank You
Mice
jazzed53

Traveler and Space Mouse drivers for OSX - app: NX

Post by jazzed53 »

I have a USB Space Mouse (puck) and a Traveler I use in NX on Windows and UNIX. Now that NX (Siemens PLM Software - NX) runs on OSX I would like to use my existing hardware and not have to buy a Space Navigator! :(
larissac

Luxology modo 401

Post by larissac »

Luxology's modo please. Did I mention modo? Yeah, that's the one. modo. modo. modo.
Christoph M. Falkner

Artlantis Render & Logic Pro / Studio

Post by Christoph M. Falkner »

Please support the following:

- Artlantis Render

& my vote for : Logic Pro / Studio

Thank you, CMF

:D
skuttling

support

Post by skuttling »

ZBrush.

I'd also like to see a simple pan/scroll function in all apps. Would this be possible/simple to code? So that it acts like any scroll wheel would. In safari, word, finder, whatever.
Neil Morgan

Post by Neil Morgan »

Rhino OSX please, I can now do nearly all of my design work in Rhino for OSX - only taking it back to Windows fro tSplines, and I plan to ditch the windows version when the full retail for OSX is released.
jshalvorsen

Post by jshalvorsen »

Maya 2010, Snow Leopard.. pretty please!
.AA.

Post by .AA. »

Maya 2010 Snow Leopard, Alias 2010 Mac, Showcase 2010 on PC and Hypershot Mac and PC.

Thanks!
jasonhare

Post by jasonhare »

after effects!
GinoLeTV

Post by GinoLeTV »

I very much agree with the second post here.

If you could have this compatible with Sims 2 for the Mac... That would just be terrific.