OS X Driver Problem, No changes

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

jayrodathome

OS X Driver Problem, No changes

Post by jayrodathome »

the space mouse in it's default settings is unusable for me. I need to reverse a couple of the axis in the driver. In windows you make this easy as I can just toggle. In Mac however I need to actually select the opposite of the axis that I need. This is fine if it works. Currently it does not. I have the latest version of OS X the latest driver from your site and I cannot get the driver to make any changes in the mouse.
I've been using this mouse for so long that I cannot change the way my brain works to use it in it's default state. I've tried..
Thanks for any help anyone can give. Cheers! :P

Oh and I've tried using application specific toggles as well as everywhere option.
In sketchup the extension is enabled and mouse works fine or as expected based on default settings.

Toggle Page

Mouse Details Page

OS X Details Page
jayrodathome

Re: OS X Driver Problem, No changes

Post by jayrodathome »

One thing I might add. I'm on a new MacBook and am using the space mouse over a usb-C adapter which has 2 usb3 ports, usb-c port, and HDMI port. And when I toggle the LED option on the driver it works and the light on the mouse shuts off and on. So it's just the directional toggles that don't work.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi jayrodathome,

make sure you select the correct application at the top of the properties (Configure:). You have to select the application where you want these changes to apply.
cmaz

Post by cmaz »

I would venture a guess that you have duplicate entries in your applications dropdown. See what fixed my issues here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19254&p=53606#p53606
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

Well it depends on which App you want to use.

99% of my Apps work well with the default Axis.
It is just Vectorworks in its current release that makes my mirror all (and mix some) axes as they
currently offer only Walkthrough mode, while I prefer Flyover mode.

But I also think the drivers settings have room for improvements at any end.
Just flipping all axes at once would be nice.
Also being able to delete settings for Apps that I don't have would be nice.
cmaz

Post by cmaz »

We must have opposite axis preferences. I prefer the "target camera" mode, which so far has only been default in Sketchup on OSX. All my other apps have required modifications.

Coming from Windows, the 3Dxware driver is much quicker and easier to use to manage application specific setttings; including "reverse all axis" and listing only currently installed applications in the dropdown. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE 3dconnexion; make the OSX driver at least as pleasant to use as the Windows version was 5 years ago...