Space Mouse Pro not working in Maya 2017 and OS 10.12.1

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

bored robot

Space Mouse Pro not working in Maya 2017 and OS 10.12.1

Post by bored robot »

Brand new Space Mouse Pro with 10.4.3 Drivers not working in MAYA 2017. Running OS Sierra 10.12.1

Tried all sorts of combinations of restarting with device plugged and unplugged. It works fine in the 3d Connexion training utility but once I open MAYA only the Shift, Alt, Ctrl and Number 2 buttons work. This is incredibly frustrating. It's like MAYA doesn't know the thing is even connected.

Any suggestions?

My Cadmouse works perfectly with the latest drivers.
bored robot

Re: Space Mouse Pro not working in Maya 2017 and OS 10.12.1

Post by bored robot »

Got it to work by uninstalling drivers and starting over...like twice. :wink:
mhackney

Re: Space Mouse Pro not working in Maya 2017 and OS 10.12.1

Post by mhackney »

How do you uninstall the driver?

I have been running my Space Navigator for several years in RhinoCAD (Mac) with no problems. I update the drivers, OSX and Rhino to the latest version as soon as they are available. I have not done an explicit update to either in over a week but for some reason my SN stopped working (sort of) on Thursday. I see it in the USB Device Tree. I can scroll Safari windows, but the 3DConnexion demo does not work nor does it work in Rhino. I moved it from an external USB hub to a direct port on the back of my 27" iMac - no change. I've rebooted several times and also reinstalled the driver 10.4.3

I run VMWare Fusion and Windows 10, the SN works perfectly in Windows 10 running in Fusion on this same Mac! So that tells me it isn't a HW issue.