Is it true, that I can not even use this for Volume Control?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

JonasLondon

Is it true, that I can not even use this for Volume Control?

Post by JonasLondon »

Are there any newsworthy announcements to be expected in 2008?
I like the product, the price, the design, the idea, ... but: as far as I can tell, I can not even jog the timeline back and forth in Final Cut with his, or control the audio volume in Logic? Should I get something like a PreSonus Faderport then? I'd really like to buy this SpaceNavigator thing... maybe I do, just for Google-Earth playtime... but really, can it not be a little bit more generally useful? Developing for Macs is normally not THAT complicated now, is it... Come on Logitech/SpaceInvaders, whoever you are behind this..

keep me in the loop!
Mac Pro 2008, 23"+30" Cinema Display, Aperture2, PS CS3
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Dear JonasLondon,

There are many newsworthy announcements to be expected in 2008 as there were in 2007. We have ''Press Releases'', which may be found under the ''Company'' Menu.
http://www.3dconnexion.com/news/press.php
We also list "In the News" under the same ''Company'' Menu.
http://www.3dconnexion.com/news/reviews.php
Usage within applications is determined by those individual application manufacturers. Listing of those applications taking advantage of our devices may be found under the ''Solutions'' Menu.
Under the ''Support'' Menu you may find a listing, ''Sign Up for Info", where you may sign up to be in the loop.

: ^ >
Sincerely,
Bryan
joelcarlton

Post by joelcarlton »

So the wacom tablet can build in some basic configuration that makes it work with just about anything and your saying your not going to do anything but leave it up the the program developers?

So apple has to change the os before I will be allowed to use this to scroll or change the volume?

So the almost worthless griffen powermate (useful for only one thing at a time) is more customizable then this 6 way 3d mouse?

This SN has so much potential and power but yet no usability.
jayse

Post by jayse »

"So the wacom tablet can build in some basic configuration that makes it work with just about anything and your saying your not going to do anything but leave it up the the program developers?"

that's been the story for years with this company... sad ain't it?