3D Connexion Control Panel Accidentally Deleted

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

d.schilling

3D Connexion Control Panel Accidentally Deleted

Post by d.schilling »

I've used a SpaceNavigator with Google Earth on my Mac for years. I am currently running Mac OS 10.10.
I was hoping to use the SpaceNavigator with Google Maps in a browser window and I thought I'd have better luck with a new driver... so I downloaded and installed 3DxWareMac_v10-4-1_r2428.dmg.

At which point the SpaceNavigator didn't work at all with Google Earth anymore. I Googled and read found something about SpaceNavigator and Mac OS 10.10 managed to downgrade my driver and downloaded and re-installed 3DxWareMac_v10-1-2_r1773.dmg.

The device works again with Google Earth.

But somehow I managed to delete the 3d Connexion control panel in System Preferences.
How do I get the 3d Connexion control panel in System Preferences back?
UtaSH

Re: 3D Connexion Control Panel Accidentally Deleted

Post by UtaSH »

Which version of Google Earth are you using? We heard that the issue with Google Earth had been fixed by Google in version 7.1.7.2600. This version of Google Earth and Google Earth Pro can be used with our latest drivers. Reinstall the driver and everything should be back again.
d.schilling

Post by d.schilling »

Google Earth Pro
Mac OS X (10.10.5)

BUT ...
The SpaceNavigator IS FUNCTIONAL in Google Earth.
Dies that indicate that the driver itself is okay?

My problem is that I somehow managed to delete the 3D Connexion CONTROL PANEL in System Preferences... I am trying to get that back.
d.schilling

Post by d.schilling »

Thanks for the replt, UtaSH