Which Product to buy

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Spark155

Which Product to buy

Post by Spark155 »

Hi
Not sure if this is the correct place for this topic if not I apologise

I have been using Vectorworks and Autocad for a while now with a combination of mice/trackball/trackpads which has been ok however the workload is getting bigger and more 3d, I am considering upgrading
So to start of with would i be better working with a normal mouse and buying a SpacePilot or SpaceMouse pro or just buy a Cad mouse I am sure that most people would say both which eventually I hope to do
I use exclusively Macs and I am aware that a lot of features are not supported (i.e. personalising the screen on a space pilot and smart zoom on a cad mouse) but which one would be better to start with.

Thanks for your advise

Mark
Vectorworks Spotlight 2016
AutoCad
Mac OSX 'El Capitan'
UtaSH

Re: Which Product to buy

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Spark155,

AutoCAD on Mac OS X does not support our 3D mouse devices. This is Windows only. :(

Vectorworks supports our 3D mouse devices, but it's been a while that we had the possibility to verify the performance and functions. Just make sure you test the device within the time frame where you still would be able to return the device if the support with Vectorworks is not what you expect to be it. ;)
Spark155

Post by Spark155 »

So in other words you are saying that the Space mouse and Space Pilot will be a waste of money as they may or may not work with the software I am using and you want me to buy it and essentially beta test it
What about the Cad mouse Does that work with any of the software? or am i in the same situation?
Vectorworks Spotlight 2016
AutoCad
Mac OSX 'El Capitan'
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

The CadMouse works with any application on Mac with the know limitations (no QuickZoom).