SpacePilot Pro arrived Today already regretting shame on you

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

mediamafia

SpacePilot Pro arrived Today already regretting shame on you

Post by mediamafia »

So after spending £300 on the SpacePilot Pro I thought wow my life will be changed forever unpacked it downloaded drivers installed on my MacPro and Plugged in

So WOW a permeant set of key descriptions nothing like what is shown on all the Adverts Outlook Tasks, Outlook etc this brick would have looked better on my desk with the sticker left on.

Then comes usability try to use it as a mouse e.g. move the cursor doesn't work ILLUSTRATOR DEAD, PHOTOSHOP (Wahoo Lift up and down for zoom in and out)

Uninstall all the 3dconnexion software and it works like a mouse but are hang on pretty sure thats the mighty mouse's job and it does it better.

So all in all 3D Connexion pretty unimpressed at least your standard space mouse was solid metal that we could swing it around our head by the wire and launch it through the shop window this however is a toy that is unsupported and people should really be informed that you don't support it in any form on Amazon etc so Mac Users can avoid buying it and stick to professional companies like Wacom.
UtaSH

Re: SpacePilot Pro arrived Today already regretting shame on

Post by UtaSH »

Hello mediamafia,

I a sorry that you are disappointed with your 3D mouse. The Microsoft Office applications are supported on Windows only. I apologize if we didn't make that clear enough on our website.

The SpacePilot Pro is a 3D mouse and was designed to navigate 3D objects or scenes in CAD, DCC and GIS applications, not to move the standard cursor. Our idea is to provide the possibility to work both-handed in your 3D environment on your computer. Therefore our focus is on 3D applications. It is not meant to replace a standard mouse.
mediamafia

Post by mediamafia »

But it doesn't work for simple applications listed like Adobe applications either in Mac OSX the function of rotate canvas and any other functions. I think you should clearly indicate that Mac is Beta and doesn't work so people aren't ripped off like me buying are 3 year old technology that you have failed to support Fear not nit we have huge influence with major Press for Mac including major Mac magazines and will included a full warning to deter people from buying the OSX Paperweight
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

The supported Adobe applications are Photoshop and the Acrobat Reader. See here.

The API for Photoshop is very limited and therefore we cannot offer the possibility to rotate Canvas with the 3D mouse. But you can map any commands that you can launch with a keyboard shortcut to one of the buttons of your 3D mouse.
fyew-jit-tiv

Post by fyew-jit-tiv »

@UtaSH im puzzled by your comments here. Photoshop's api is limited which is why the SMP cannot use canvas rotation? That is wrong. Wacom have achieved canvas rotation with Photoshop since well forever.... So your comment isn't completely true.