Elite Dangerous on OSX

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Climberfx

Elite Dangerous on OSX

Post by Climberfx »

Hello. I was surprise when in Elite Dangerous there is no support for Spacemouse PRO. It won't response for the inputs in config menu...
Is there a solution for that?
Climberfx

Re: Elite Dangerous on OSX

Post by Climberfx »

Great to see that the user support ends when the money get out of or pockets.
You guys even response the forum posts!
I see why Spacemouse is not a default hardware on the market. You don't respect us!
Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

There is nothing to keep Frontier from adding 3dmouse support to Elite Dangerous, save the cost to benefit ratio.
Is it worth it to them to add the code overhead for a niche product like a 3dmouse? Or is code for gaming joysticks sufficient for their target audience?

You would be better served to ask your support question on the ED forums.
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.
Climberfx

Post by Climberfx »

Well, at my point of view, if i do a exclusive hardware that is unique, i would prefere to have it working in every thing that human can possible think. Even in real space vehicles, etc. (exemple, the Dark Matter Series use it in set on the ships, as fantasy)
And i'm sure i'm not the only one that wanna to use the hardware for games too (i Already use it to Maya, but can't use it to After Effects just because yo don't support it too), just doing a little search in google to see.
And another thing, if the standard joystick drivers you could do it right, so every game in the market would use it, without the need to custom on a single game. But even that is not!

I hope you can open your eyes and do a better job on support in the near future!