Support for Luxology Modo & Pixologic ZBrush???

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Buckie

Support for Luxology Modo & Pixologic ZBrush???

Post by Buckie »

I see it's rather an optimistic ask since I've read a few threads here & assume the Mac support isn't what it it should be. I hope it's not true...

So anyway, support for Luxology & Pixologic ZBrush would boost your sales through the roof so get involved 3DC...
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Dear Buckie

We encourage you to contact the software developers

for Luxology & Pixologic ZBrush and share with them

your thoughts and desires for them to incorporate

use of our 3DMice with their applications. We

provide a free API, Application Programmer's

Interface, on our web site, to make it easy for

them to incorporate input signals from our devices

into their software applications.

Sincerely,
Bryan
Ramsey

Post by Ramsey »

I second that emotion, Buckie! Am an enthusiastic MODO user too, if only a secret Z-Brush admirer.... And Bob--- I'll join voices with Buck here, voicing your advice to MODO people. Might be expedient try to get a conversation going to hook you up with the very savy people at Luxology, to get this process speeding along. Agree with Buckie's assessment that should 3DC do this, expect a corresponding jump in sales.

cheers!
svenmagnus

Post by svenmagnus »

I made a crappy poll on Blogger to try and grow support for the SpaceNavigator on Modo. Please go and vote. thanks

http://kerklunk.blogspot.com/
inkfly

Post by inkfly »

*sigh* I was totally stoked to buy the SpaceExplorer USB for my Mac...but then I read it doesn't work with Modo. Argh...I hope this incompatibility gets resolved soon.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi inkfly,
Argh...I hope this incompatibility gets resolved soon.
You can help to make it happen: send the request to the editor. Tell them -- as a customer -- how very much interested your are in 3D mice and how they are a great tool to be used in Modo.
Buckie

Post by Buckie »

ngomes wrote:You can help to make it happen: send the request to the editor. Tell them -- as a customer -- how very much interested your are in 3D mice and how they are a great tool to be used in Modo.
Well I've spoken to both Luxology & Pixologic, basically hitting a brick each time...

Pixologic simply won't bother as they don't see the point...

Luxology may one day when they get time...

I can see an issue here, why create a product & then tell everyone to support it, why not create a product & offer to add support to there software for it. Surely this will sell more devices???

So far you have created half a product the way I see it...

Still it's a cracking paperweight... :roll:
svenmagnus

Post by svenmagnus »

Buckie, have you tried using controllermate with SN for modo. On another forum they were talking about how they got controllermate to work w/ Cinema 4D. I just got my SN the other day and am using it in PS3 but would love to use it in modo too. I've been playing around w/ controllermate as well but haven't gotten past remapping the buttons.

Check out controllermate at http://orderedbytes.com/
Buckie

Post by Buckie »

Thanks Sven that looks very interesting, thank you...