Using El Capitan

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

architectonica

Using El Capitan

Post by architectonica »

Anyone else realised that their device is uncontrollable for speed? That's the issue with Beta I suppose. Just have to wait for an update, I guess.
JordanS

Re: Using El Capitan

Post by JordanS »

It's now October 2nd, 2015, and after I upgraded to the release version of El Capitan, my Space Navigator no longer works at all with Google Earth, although the first time I plugged it in it was moving the mouse cursor around while the Google Earth window was active. The 3D Connexion Trainer and Puzzle programs work, however.
mikejansen

Post by mikejansen »

Hi there. I have been using Spacemouse wireless with great success in Autodesk's fusion360. It has been a huge productivity improvement for me.

However, I have now installed El Capitan, and everything works OK, except for the Spacemouse!

The cursor will move around the screen, however there is no longer any 3d functionality.

I have tested using the trainer, and have the same result.

My current system details:

Macbook Pro 15" current 2015 model.

I have 3dware 10.2.3, which seems to be the latest version available on the website.

Any suggestions or software I should be downloading? How do I get my wonderful space mouse working again?

cheers
Mike
mikejansen

Post by mikejansen »

hmm, seems I did not try the last bastion of software - reinstall.

Just run a reinstall on 10.2.3 and all is good.

Panic is off.

Cheers
Mike
JordanS

Post by JordanS »

I just tried reinstalling the driver and Google Earth still can't be controlled with the Space Navigator.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

sorry for the trouble you have. Our next release of the Mac driver will support the newest release of Mac OS X - El Capitan.
dcj1951

Post by dcj1951 »

Hi,

FYI

I'm using Space Navigator and Mac OS X 10.11, El Capitan.

Space Navigator didn't work in Sketchup Make 2015

I reinstalled 3DxWare 10 for OS X v. 10.2.3 and everything works fine.

It even works in Safari.
jsharpe

Post by jsharpe »

JordanS wrote:I just tried reinstalling the driver and Google Earth still can't be controlled with the Space Navigator.
Same here. After reinstalling the latest Google Earth and 3Dconnexion drivers on 10.11 the tutorials work fine but no joy in Google earth.
JordanS

Post by JordanS »

UtaSH wrote:Hi all,

Our next release of the Mac driver will support the newest release of Mac OS X - El Capitan.
Wonderful! I'm counting the days...
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

we have released 3DxWareMac 10.2.4 which is ready for "El Capitan". Let us know your experience. Thanks!
xking3

Post by xking3 »

Still not working.
Google Earth is not working at all with 3DX Ware.
But you are the Pros. Why you don't test your Drivers your self?
mdopp

Post by mdopp »

Doesn't work here either. Neither in Google Earth Pro nor in Google Earth. Installed the latest updates of both apps. Restarted the apps after activating the external controller in the configuration settings. Nothing helps.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi mdopp and xking3,

have you checked if the 3D mouse is activated in Google Earth? See here for more information.
Marshian

Post by Marshian »

Some help here?
I Installed included CD with SpaceMouse Wireless on MAC with El Capitan and restarted as directed- My computer will not boot up even with the disk ejected! I keep getting a circle/line icon. Held down shift/command/P/R and ran disk utility still will not boot up. Having to restore from time machine back up and will miss 7 hours of work today- Terrible!
mdopp

Post by mdopp »

Yes, of course - "Controller actived" is turned on (as I already wrote in my first post ...).
I have restarted Google Earth a couple of times and even restarted the computer to make sure this setting is recognized.
But nothing works.