Mouse will not go in UP direction

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

hell0there

Mouse will not go in UP direction

Post by hell0there »

Hi,

I've been trying to connect my 3Dconnexion mouse to my Macbook Pro (2011) but keep finding that the mouse will not allow me to go up. All other directions work fine, however. It also seems to have a tendancy to go downward. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!
UtaSH

Re: Mouse will not go in UP direction

Post by UtaSH »

Hi hell0there,

what is the version of your Mac OS X?
Which driver version do you have installed?
And which application are you using with the 3D mouse?
keskyle

Post by keskyle »

Hi,

I have OSX 10.11.4 (El Capitan) on a iMac 2011 and MacBook Pro, and the same issue with the UP direction on my 3DConexion Navigator running 10.3.1, with all other modes of orientation ok.

It's not that the mouse doesn't move up at all, it actually moves down as does the DOWN button, until an object eventually disappears off the screen.

The issue of moving up occurs in the Connexion Training software and also every other app I have tried. Has there been any fix put forward for this? Downgrading to an earlier version?

Cheers
keskyle

Post by keskyle »

I've now tested the mouse on a Windows laptop with the same issue, so it looks like there is a firmware/hardware problem. Strange though, as pushing mouse forward does trigger rotate correctly, just not an 'UP' orientation motion.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

If the device is still under warranty you should contact our Technical Support Team. They will assist you with a replacement device.