Space navigator can't be calibrated at all.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ziocleto

Space navigator can't be calibrated at all.

Post by ziocleto »

Hi all,

I'm using a wired space navigator firmware 4.35, drivers on mac version 10.2.2 (Updated to latest at the time of writing).
iMac Retina 5k, Yosemite 10.10.3 all up to date.
Only space navigator connected with USB port.
Nothing running.

Even calibrating the demo (3d crate) doesn't have any effect, crate spins like crazy. Device on a solid table untouched.

It looks like Calibrate button in control panel / 3cconnexion doesnt actually do anything, no feedbacks.

As it stands now it's completely unusable :(

Any advice?
UtaSH

Re: Space navigator can't be calibrated at all.

Post by UtaSH »

Yes, please contact our Technical Support Team. They will do the necessary troubleshooting and in case the device is defective (and still under warranty) arrange a replacement for you.
MrsSpooky

Post by MrsSpooky »

UtaSH wrote:Yes, please contact our Technical Support Team. They will do the necessary troubleshooting and in case the device is defective (and still under warranty) arrange a replacement for you.
I am having the same problem with Second Life. Haven't tried it with other apps other than the demos that came with the 10.2.2 driver. I activate the joystick in SL and everything spins wildly. There is a little panel in the preferences that show how much activation there is on the SpaceNavigator for the various axes and it's showing activation on two or three of them, which is no doubt causing the spinning.

Calibration doesn't fix it. It worked on previous driver versions, but it doesn't seem to be working on this one. I was going to ask too if I could download a copy of the previous version of the driver, because I can't use this one and I do need it.

Thanks!
MrsSpooky

Post by MrsSpooky »

Whatever the cause is for the problem, removing 10.2.2 and installing 10.1.2 solved my problem.

This works:

OS X version 10.10.3
SpaceNavigator firmware 4.31
3DxWare 10 10.1.2

Whatever changed between 10.1.2 and 10.2.2 seems to have been the cause of the spinning, at least on my machine.

I opened a ticket last night but haven't gotten an acknowledgement. I won't be upgrading to this version of the driver. Will hold on to this download in case the next update breaks things.