Mac OSX Location for Cfg folder

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

tomncatz

Mac OSX Location for Cfg folder

Post by tomncatz »

Hello all,
I have been trying to import my settings from my windows machine to my mac machine. I keep seeing people post the windows location for where the .xml files are located, but I have been unable to find the location on a mac. I looked in the FAQ and searched the forums and don't see any mention of it. Checking all the normal locations like ~Library\Cache or application support yielded nothing.

I have to seesaw back and forth between machines for development and it is unfeasible to have to rebuild all of my settings each time. I have currently set up a profile repository that I will be able to press a button and sync all of my settings if I can just find the Mac file location.

Any assistance with this would be appreciated.
UtaSH

Re: Mac OSX Location for Cfg folder

Post by UtaSH »

Hi tomncatz,

sorry, but the configuration files for the 3D mouse on Windows and Mac are not compatible. They are different. :(
tomncatz

Post by tomncatz »

Is this difference a versioning issue, or are the drivers not the same at all?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Not the same at all.
robertmcalister

Post by robertmcalister »

So are there any files at all for 10.3.1 on OSX to edit? (there have to be settings somewhere...)

I'm trying to have an "Any Application" profile to be a 2d mouse and the standard "Pan L/R" is reversed.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello robertmcalister,

we do NOT recommend to edit the configuration files on Mac OS X. Also, the 3D mouse is not designed to be used as 2D mouse. There is no configuration for this situation.

If you edit the configuration files the you would do this with this file: ~/Library/Preferences/com.3dconnexion.mappings.plist. But as I already said: not recommended and not supported. :!:
cliffcheney

Post by cliffcheney »

Are there any plans for software to cloud sync the control preferences at any point? I bounce betwwen 2 Macs and 4 Win10 machines in Fusion 360 and really need to have 3D Mouse settings move as well.