CadMouse

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ethanr

Re: CadMouse

Post by ethanr »

you have to set custom keyboard shortcuts - go to the radial menu and set them to Keyboard - then Command-G (or whatever you need).

I can't seem to rename them -so the radial buttons says "Command-G" instead of OpenGL
rbeagley

Post by rbeagley »

My left click button on 2d mouse, is recently double clicking in all applications after 15 months with no issues. All other buttons and 3d mouse, OK.

version 1.0.4.9675, Yosemite 10.10.5

Seems like a hardware issue (? button bounce). I cannot program other buttons to left click so cannot test.
The speed control in properties only affects the cursor speed and not the repeat speed.

This is serious because the second click repeats the action (including e.g. deleting a subsequent item unintentionally).

Any ideas?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello rbeagley,

we are sorry that you encounter problems with your CadMouse. Please contact our Technical Support Team. They will do any necessary troubleshooting with you and if it is hardware failure (most likely) then they will start the RMA procedure for you.
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

I get the same problems since about a week for my 3 month old CADMouse.

LMB starts to miss Clicks.
But even worse I have unwanted and dangerous Double Clicks.

Happens for all Applications, while MMB and RMB work well.
And there is a bit of a difference in softer Click Sound for LMB.

(Also the Aluminium Frame already lost large parts of the clear coat and
oxidized to a dark gray color there)
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi zoomer,

as I said: Please contact our Technical Support Team. They will do any necessary troubleshooting with you and if it is hardware failure (most likely) then they will start the RMA procedure for you.
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

Mouse was replaced.
The new one works well so far.
(Hope this will keep working a bit longer)
ethanr

Post by ethanr »

I wish you could create labels for the radial menu.

It list the first characters of the key combo - so when I hit the button, they all say:

Cntrl - Shi ...

So I can't see what I actually mapped the key for.

S
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

mdlp wrote:
UtaSH wrote:
  • The mouse buttons may not work with Yosemite "out of the box"
  • I think yes. It didn't work in Sierra without any driver. That is the fisrt Mouse I ever had that does not work for basic LMB + RMB.
  • The mouse buttons can be made to work with USB Overdrive
  • ?
  • The 3DConnexion drivers for OSX support other 3DConnexion devices on OSX, but not the Cadmouse
  • No, I think my CADMouse works since 10.4.0, while Enterprise only worekd after 10.4.1.
  • The 3DConnexion drivers do not support Unity on any platform, but there is a 3rd party driver for the SpaceNavigator
  • The 3DConnexion drivers do not support using the CadMouse with Maya on OSX, but would support SpaceNavigator for Maya
  • USB Overdrive may interfere with the functioning of other 3DConnexion device that are supported by 3DConnexion drivers for OSX
Are these conclusions correct?

It seems as though I could A: use the Cadmouse, and "roll my own" settings with USB Overdrive for whatever applications I want, or B: use the SpaceNavigator and have official driver support for Maya and 3rd party support for Unity.

?

However, I could not use both devices on the same OSX system, as the software needed to enable the CadMouse might interfere with the drivers for the SpaceNavigator. Is that right?

Not here,
I can plugin old Space Navigator + Enterprise + CAD Mouse.
Everything working together fine.

Please let me know if any of my concerns seem incorrect. Thanks!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

ethanr wrote:I wish you could create labels for the radial menu.

It list the first characters of the key combo - so when I hit the button, they all say:

Cntrl - Shi ...

So I can't see what I actually mapped the key for.

S
You can name your radial menu. And the shortcuts can be named as well: create a macro for it and give it a name. (See our help file -> SpaceMouse Customization -> Buttons -> Creating Radial Menus + Creating Macros.)