CadMouse

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

mikejr88

CadMouse

Post by mikejr88 »

Will you release a driver for CadMouse. Yosemite driver. Bought the mouse and the buttons don't work but I can move cursor around.
UtaSH

Re: CadMouse

Post by UtaSH »

Hi mikejr88,

this is a bug in Mac OS X Yosemite. The CadMouse should behave like other 2D mice on Yosemite, but the buttons are not recognized correctly. This is not something we can fix. We have reported this to Apple.
mikejr88

Post by mikejr88 »

That sounds like a major issue. I'm guessing Apple will fix. Guess I'll keep the CadMouse and hope for the best.
Thanks for the reply.
10dency

Post by 10dency »

I thought, I have found my favorite mouse, but face the same problem as Mike. Very sad!

Two questions @UtaSH

1. Why then is every other mouse I have working correctly with Yosemite?

2. Why are you not supplying a driver for Mac (with that radial-menu-feature and others)?

IMHO this is the best mouse in the market currently, but I'll have to return it to my saler because these two issues make it completely useless. Well, it is not the best mouse per se, but the only one with three buttons PLUS scrollwheel. Exactly what I'd need.Very sad indeed!
Fabien

Post by Fabien »

Bonjour

Après déballage de la souris CadMouse je me rend compte qu'elle n'est pas compatible Mac, contrairement a l’ensemble de vos produits... :shock: :evil:
Pourquoi une marque comme la votre avec des produits de si bonne qualité passe a coté d'une compatibilité avec les machines Apple?
Quelle est la date d'arrivé de la mise a jour?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

as a workaround you can install USB Overdrive. The CadMouse should work then on Mac OS Yosemite, too. Let me know your experience.
10dency

Post by 10dency »

USB Overdrive works fine. Thanks for the tipp.
jfdevelopments

Post by jfdevelopments »

Hi All

I have the same problem, tried contacting 3dconnexion support asking if a driver for Mac OS Yosemite is likely to be released in the near future and am still waiting for a reply.

Thank you UtaSh for the workaround at least I dont have to return my CadMouse now.

Can anyone help me in configuring the CadMouse with USB overdrive

1. I cant get radial menu button to work?

2 The two left thumb buttons to zoom in and out, how do you configure them ?
10dency

Post by 10dency »

Since I installed USB overdrive, my Space Pilot Pro stopped working in MODO and any other software. You 3dconnexion-people are killing me! :cry:
ethanr

Post by ethanr »

I just got my CADmouse and now find it doesn't work ... so odd, so disappointing :(

Is there a timetable for mac support I have 30 days to return - don't know if I should ??
ethanr

Post by ethanr »

bump
smashing

Post by smashing »

Registered just to say this. After a fresh install of Yosemite and Google Earth, now my SpaceNavigator isn't working, except in the demos.
ethanr

Post by ethanr »

Why is mac support so poor?

I mean - it's a legit design platform these years (decades)
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

smashing wrote:Registered just to say this. After a fresh install of Yosemite and Google Earth, now my SpaceNavigator isn't working, except in the demos.
Hi smashing,

see here for the issue with our latest driver and Google Earth.
mdlp

Post by mdlp »

UtaSH wrote:Hi all,

as a workaround you can install USB Overdrive. The CadMouse should work then on Mac OS Yosemite, too. Let me know your experience.
Hi Just wanted to clarify a few things before I purchased anything. I mostly use Unity, with some Maya LT, but mainly to tweak models, not to create lots of new content. Based on the other comments in this thread, I have concluded the following things:
  • The mouse buttons may not work with Yosemite "out of the box"
  • The mouse buttons can be made to work with USB Overdrive
  • The 3DConnexion drivers for OSX support other 3DConnexion devices on OSX, but not the Cadmouse
  • The 3DConnexion drivers do not support Unity on any platform, but there is a 3rd party driver for the SpaceNavigator
  • The 3DConnexion drivers do not support using the CadMouse with Maya on OSX, but would support SpaceNavigator for Maya
  • USB Overdrive may interfere with the functioning of other 3DConnexion device that are supported by 3DConnexion drivers for OSX
Are these conclusions correct?

It seems as though I could A: use the Cadmouse, and "roll my own" settings with USB Overdrive for whatever applications I want, or B: use the SpaceNavigator and have official driver support for Maya and 3rd party support for Unity.

However, I could not use both devices on the same OSX system, as the software needed to enable the CadMouse might interfere with the drivers for the SpaceNavigator. Is that right?

Please let me know if any of my concerns seem incorrect. Thanks!