Space Navigator - No Device Found

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

RobL

Space Navigator - No Device Found

Post by RobL »

I'm running Mac OS 10.10.2, 3DxWare 10.2.1, and Sketchup 2015. My Space Navigator isn't recognized. Going through System Preferences/3Dconnexion/Tools button I see the new software version but I have the No Device Found Firmware 0.00 message. I tried unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back in but nothing happens. This is not a new problem. I've ignored it but now that I want to play in Sketchup again I'd like to get this fixed. I've had my Navigator since the days of Google SketchUp 6.

Thanks
Tehrasha

Re: Space Navigator - No Device Found

Post by Tehrasha »

Is it recognized on any other computer?
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.
timlj

Post by timlj »

+ 1 for space navigator not working in OS X Yosemite. Worked fine until recently so this is a big disappointment.
RobL

Post by RobL »

I have an iMac, I don't have another to check. Besides,if I did I'd have to load all the various software just to try it. The No Device Found shows a Firmware version of 0.00. I didn't see on the website that there is firmware to download. This time I tried unplugging the navigator, turning the computer off, plugging it in and turning it back on. No change. It is a big disappointment.
Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

I was just trying to eliminate hardware failure from the troubleshooting list. No need to load any software on another computer. I wanted to see if another computer registers ANY device plugged in, even an unknown one. Your computer is acting as if there is no device plugged in at all, which could mean the SpaceNavigator is dead.

If you were using linux. I would have you run a lsusb command to display all of the USB devices connected to the computer and see if the SpaceNav even showed up. I am not familiar enough with MacOS to know if a similar command is available.

Some 3DConnexion devices do have firmware updates, but they are usually to fix very specific issues, and they are not downloadable publicly.
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi RobL,

does this FAQ help?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

timlj wrote:+ 1 for space navigator not working in OS X Yosemite. Worked fine until recently so this is a big disappointment.
Hi timlj,

Mac OS X 10 (Yosemite) is supported. Is your device listed if you go to "About this Mac -> More info ... -> Systems Report -> Hardware -> USB"?
RobL

Post by RobL »

To the moderator,
Uninsalling and reinstalling worked, my goodness. And going to About this Mac was interesting, before it was recognized and after. For me this problem is SOLVED! I tested it out in Sketchup, works fine.

Thank you!