SpacePilot Pro: LCD menu absent

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

pciccone

SpacePilot Pro: LCD menu absent

Post by pciccone »

Hi.
I just received the SpacePilot Pro, it works great except that the LCD display only shows the settings for the function keys for the current application. Pressing the LCD control key does nothing, except for the Display On/Off and the arrow keys. The other keys that are supposed to show the menu are not responding.
I'm using 3DxWare 10.2.1 with firmware 4.11 on Max OS 10.9

Thanks in advance.
pciccone

Re: SpacePilot Pro: LCD menu absent

Post by pciccone »

Hello?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello pciccone,

you have the full functionality available for the SpacePilot Pro on Mac OS X. Other applets like the Mail applet for Microsoft's Outlook are only available on Windows PCs.
pciccone

Post by pciccone »

Hi.
It's good to know that the device works correctly but it would have been better if the instructions that come with it made it clear that some features are not available to Mac users. Nowhere in the flyers titled "Feature Guide" there is a mention that the menu works differently for Mac OS. In fact I considered returning the unit because several of LCD Control Keys seem defective, as they don't perform the function that they are described to do.

It's bad enough that Mac users are getting fewer features, it would be the decent thing to at least let us know, instead of completely ignoring the issue with a Windows-only documentation.

Thank you.