Bug: Click and 3D space mouse don't work after restart

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

rjtiedeman

Re: Bug: Click and 3D space mouse don't work after restart

Post by rjtiedeman » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:54 am

Questions:
1. Is this a new mac issue or a Mojave issue?
2. Would turrning off SIP (System Integrity Protection) before installing 3DxWare help or not?
3. Since we just got 10.6.1. Will the 3DxWare upgrade fix be 6 monts or a year?

NOTE: The 3Dconnection Universal Receiver will not PAIR if connected to my TS3 PLUS USB docking station. The unplug / reinsert workaround only works when plugged directly into the Imac Pro USB ports. WILL NOT PAIR with external USB Dock.

Yes this is an inconvenience.

Rjtiedeman

marcarch

Re: Bug: Click and 3D space mouse don't work after restart

Post by marcarch » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:13 am

rjtiedeman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:54 am
1. Is this a new mac issue or a Mojave issue?
2. Would turrning off SIP (System Integrity Protection) before installing 3DxWare help or not?
3. Since we just got 10.6.1. Will the 3DxWare upgrade fix be 6 monts or a year?

NOTE: The 3Dconnection Universal Receiver will not PAIR if connected to my TS3 PLUS USB docking station. The unplug / reinsert workaround only works when plugged directly into the Imac Pro USB ports. WILL NOT PAIR with external USB Dock.

Yes this is an inconvenience.
1. This is a Universal Receiver driver bug, nothing more
2. I didn’t try this, and I won’t. I'm not messing up with the OS for a driver incompatibility bug.
3. I reported this bug back on the 22th of October 2018, I’ve been waiting nearly 4 months for a fix, we're quite there (for the 6 months)

- I’m quite sure you have a double driver incompatibility with macOS: universal receiver one and the usb dock driver too.
I use to unplug-plug the universal receiver with my external monitor (that is an usb hub too) and it pairs.

Yes. This is a big inconvenience. Can’t understand why is taking so long to fix.