Config file for Acis 3dt

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

M-Michael

Config file for Acis 3dt

Post by M-Michael »

I want to write a config file to get the Space Navigator working in Scheme Acis 3dt version 6.

Acis 3dt should recognize 3D mice since version 6 but it doesn't work with the default config, so I tried it with this:

Code: Select all

<AppCfg Default="false" xmlns="" CfgFormatVersion="1.1" ThisFileVersion="1.1">
	<AppInfo>
		<Name>acis3dt</Name>
		<ExecutableName>acis3dt.exe</ExecutableName>
		<Transport>KMJ</Transport>
	</AppInfo>	
	<Devices>
		<Device>
			<Name>Standard 3D Mouse</Name>
			<VendorID>0</VendorID>
			<ProductID>0</ProductID>
			<AxisFilter>None</AxisFilter>
			<Axis>
				<Enabled>true</Enabled>
				<Input>
					<ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_X</ActionID>
					<Min>-512</Min>
					<Max>511</Max>
				</Input>
				<Output>
					<ActionID>HIDMouse_X</ActionID>
					<NameID>STR_MOUSE_X</NameID>
					<Reversed>false</Reversed>
				</Output>
				<Output>
					<ActionID>HIDMouse_Left</ActionID>
					<NameID>STR_MOUSE_LEFT</NameID>
					<RepeatStyle>PressAndHold</RepeatStyle>
				</Output>
			</Axis>
In Acis 3dt to rotate an object you have to click the left mouse button and drag, zoom with right click and drag and pan with middle click and drag. Can I simulate these clicks with the Space Navigator or is there another way to use the 3D mouse in Acis 3dt?

And for my overall understanding:
1) What does the Transport tag? Which option should I use? What means "MWM" and "S80"?
2) Is the NameID tag necessary?
3) Are multiple outputs possible? (seems not)

Any help is appreciated!
jwick

Re: Config file for Acis 3dt

Post by jwick »

If the 3D mouse is supported in the app, the Transport should be S80. You shouldn't need your own Cfg if it is supported; it should pick up the default. Sometimes the application has to be told to use the 3D mouse (some option somewhere).

Turn on the log file and see what happens when the application starts. If it is supported, the application's attempt to connect to the driver will be logged.
M-Michael

Post by M-Michael »

First, thanks for your quick answer!

Without my own config the AppDefCfg_KMJ.xml gets active. I can't activate a config with S80 transport. (Don't know why. Every other config is activated insted.) Sadly, the Acis 3dt version I have to use is very old and in this domain not well documented. I can't find any option relating view control.

In addition I can't find the log. Program Files/.../3DxWinCore32/3DxService.log refers to a file in AppData which doesn't exist. I'm using Windows XP. Where should the log file be?
jwick

Post by jwick »

My mistake. The log file is now in %LOCALAPPDATA%/...
I've fixed that message for the next release. Thanks for pointing it out.

Contact the developer of Acis 3dt to see if your specific version has support for 3Dconnexion devices. I doubt it, if you say it was from XP (and the driver doesn't see a connection request). We won't know for sure without talking to them. As I mentioned, sometimes it is disabled by default in the app.

If it does not support 3Dx devices, you do have no choice but to try to use kb emulation. That is a lot of work with limited results. It is much better to use an app that has native support.
M-Michael

Post by M-Michael »

Contacting someone of Acis 3dt takes a while.

There seems to be no connection request from Acis. (I assume it should be "UdCtl: Transport S80 request to open connection" and "UdCtl: Open accepted on transport S80". I get "CheckForNewFocusAppHdl: Deleting cfg (ACIS_S80) because waiting for acis3dt.exe to open a connection".)

Thank you so far!