Joystick Mode

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

peavish

Joystick Mode

Post by peavish »

I need to integrate the Spacemouse Pro into my company's new application. I've seen several mentions on this forum of 'Joystick mode'. What and where is it? I don't see it in the driver software. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks,

Tim
jwick

Re: Joystick Mode

Post by jwick »

Joystick mode is probably a reference to the driver's ability to emulate a joystick. IOW, to emit joystick events instead of 3D mouse events. This is really just for DirectX games that we can not change.

If you are a software developer, we don't recommend using this except as possibly a proof of concept if you already have implemented a DirectInput joystick. Using the proper 3D mouse events will result in a better implementation.

peavish

Re: Joystick Mode

Post by peavish »

So how do I turn on the joystick emulation?

I've downloaded the SDK. I can't get the examples to run with Visual Studio 2013, but the downloaded 3DxMouse_WPF sample does work.

My goal is to use the Spacemouse Pro as a joystick and jog/******, with the User still able to set the sensitivity through 3DConnextion Properties. I'm able to access the Spacemouse Pro as an HID device, but that bypasses the Properties, correct? The application already works with Direct Input joysticks, so the joystick emulation sounded like a good option.

Thanks for your help