Pass all button events to my application

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

dthayer2

Re: Pass all button events to my application

Post by dthayer2 »

Tried the detailed procedure by jwick, but keep getting "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I have my ABC.exe in the executable name. Tried rebooting, tried false and true for AppCfg Default, tried it in APPDATA and PROGRAMDATA directories. No luck. Does anybody have a xml config file with all buttons set to pass all to application? Using your xml config file, I'm assuming I could just rename the xml file and change the executable name to my application, and go from there. I have SpaceNavigator, running 10.3.0, latest stuff. Thanks.
jwick

Post by jwick »

The 3DxTest.xml cfg passes all buttons to the application. You can make a copy of that and change the exename.

If you are having this "object reference" error, I assume this is while running the GUI, not the driver.
You may have a messed up Settings file, or an invalid cfg if you have been editing manually.

Delete all the %localappdata%\3Dconnexion\3DExSmartUI.exe_Url*" directories to clear your Settings files.
Delete your %appdata%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg files to delete your user cfg files.
dthayer2

Post by dthayer2 »

Thanks for the reply. I found my problem. The name of my abc.exe must match the AppName field in the SiOpen field. Did not realize that. I was using the example code from the SDK and it had "TestSP" in the AppName field. So I changed that field to "abc.exe" and my actual exectuable file name must be identical to abc.exe. The two exe names have to match. Then the first time I run my exe I have to use the space navigator configuration program to assign the left/right buttons to application use. Then it creates an abc.xml file in the APPDATA. Not the most obvious way to do things. Or at least I couldn't find this documented anywhere. Thanks again for the help. Hopefully my info in the post will help someone else in the future with similar issue.