SiGrabDevice returns SI_INTERNAL_ERROR

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

KalleKoenig

SiGrabDevice returns SI_INTERNAL_ERROR

Post by KalleKoenig »

Hi support and developers,

I'm implementing the space mouse connection into a multi-executable application, where we do have trouble in regaining the space mouse focus as soon as it was lost once by clicking on e.g. Google Earth.(There'll be another posting to this topic in the next weeks, probably)
So I tried to catch the SpaceMouse/Navigator again by using SiGrabDevice. But no matter what I do, I always do get SI_INTERNAL_ERROR. I tested this on 4 machines in our R&D department, with two different devices. The internal error is all, I ever see.

Here are some numbers of versions:
I've installed 3DxSoftware64_v3-16-3_r1447 as driver package and 3DxWare-SDK_v3-0-2_r7538 from last june as the SDK.
Calling SiGetDriverInfo, SiGetLibraryInfo and SiGetDeviceInfo returns the following:
  • Driver: 6.17.8 - January 24, 2014
  • Library: - 9.5.0, September 6, 2001 - this is pretty old, but I don't know, whether this is the latest and greatest, or if this has to do with my issue anyway.
  • Device: HID Firmware 4.4, Type6, no Version information
I'm working on a Dell T7500 machine with Win7 64bit SP1.

So: What can I do to make this work? Using exclusive grab or not does not make any difference, btw.

Cheers,
Kalle
jwick

Re: SiGrabDevice returns SI_INTERNAL_ERROR

Post by jwick »

Coincidentally, we found and fixed this problem with SiGrabDevice last week. The fix will be in the upcoming release of 3DxWare 10.
KalleKoenig

Re: SiGrabDevice returns SI_INTERNAL_ERROR

Post by KalleKoenig »

Hi jwick,

thanks for the information - we are looking forward to the upcoming relase, then :-)

Kind Regards,
Kalle