Maximum values reported by sensor.Translations and sensor.Ro

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

kbrowder

Maximum values reported by sensor.Translations and sensor.Ro

Post by kbrowder »

What are the maximum values for sensor.Translation.(x,y,z) and sensor.Rotation and is there a variable in the 3DxInput API that says this value (this would be very handy). I have a value for each based on my SpaceTraveler but I would like to make a reasonably portable application, which by the way is a replacement to the RBC9 drivers with a better ability to handle complex events including event chaining and conditional event firing.
Oh and btw thanks for making your nice API available to the public along with documentation, most companies make you either write your own, pay for or hack a driver (which is no fun).
Thanks in advance
Kev Browder
kbrowder

Post by kbrowder »

The closest answer I've been able to find is:
"The normal range of the device axes is approximately +/- 500. The user can though, scale up or down these values in the GUI, so your application should be able to handle larger or smaller values."
But I would like to know the percent of the maximum and was wondering if there was a variable in TDxInput that would tell me?