3DConnection input signals

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

MMTE

3DConnection input signals

Post by MMTE »

Does anyone know of a way to send signals as though they came from the 3D mouse? For example: a way to say "Yaw +30 degrees" without actually touching the mouse.

Thank you :)
jwick

Re: 3DConnection input signals

Post by jwick »

Which end-user software you are using? AutoCAD? Creo? Your own?
You would have to know which 3D API that software is using.
MMTE

Post by MMTE »

Oh right, I didn't know that. I assumed that the 3DConnexion plug-in just monitored for pre-determined, propriety signals from the hardware, which is what I was hoping to issue via software.

I use Creo :-) I'm not a programmer, but if it's not too involved to do this then I might be able to assign the task to one of our programmers at work (if I ask nicely) :-)

Thanks
jwick

Post by jwick »

What do you want to do? Assign Yaw +30 to a device button? Like the view buttons we have now that go to top/left/right/front/etc.?
MMTE

Post by MMTE »

jwick wrote:What do you want to do? Assign Yaw +30 to a device button?
An example of this would suffice, yes. Thanks. A keyboard button, not a button on the mouse.
MMTE

Post by MMTE »

*bump*

Does anyone have any idea on this? Ideally I want to re-create the signals that a 3DConnexion device might send but in software.

Thanks
jwick

Post by jwick »

The only current way I know of doing this is maybe to write a plugin to your application. Depending on the application that may be easy or difficult.
MMTE

Post by MMTE »

My application has a plugin. I want to utilise that plugin without using the 3DConnexion hardware. I want to control the existing plugin using a new piece of software that emulates the 3DConnexion. I'm not sure anyone has grasped what I'm saying yet.

What I'm after is a starting point.