<hidsdi.h>

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

davityle2

<hidsdi.h>

Post by davityle2 »

Hi, I am wondering where I can find the hidsdi.h file that is used in the HIDTest example.
davityle2

Re: <hidsdi.h>

Post by davityle2 »

I found it. You download WDK http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 87428.aspx, if you have Windows 7 or prior make sure that you get WDK 7.1.0.
davityle2

Post by davityle2 »

Well now it won't compile. I have this error. fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'hid.lib'
davityle2

Post by davityle2 »

Sorry for my complete noobness. I am a Java Devloper who has been stuck with the task of integrating the Space Navigator into our software. After doing more research I understand that there is a separate compiler for drivers. I am going to be using HID and Java's JNI to do this. Any tips or suggestions on how to do this most effectively and efficiently as possible would be appreciated. Thanks!
jwick

Post by jwick »

We have some JNI sample code that uses our standard 3DxWare API, not HID. It pretty old, but you may be able to make use of it.
I also hear that there are Java joystick APIs that you can use by putting the device into Joystick mode (you would need to use the 3DxWare 10 beta).
You can also make up your own transport mechanism with 3DxWare 10.