SpaceNavigator works only in 1 of 2 MFC apps

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

lhtaaguw

SpaceNavigator works only in 1 of 2 MFC apps

Post by lhtaaguw »

I develop software in Windows 7 (64 bit OS) using Microsofts Visual Studio (Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, Version 10.0.402191.1 SP1 Rel). I have two 32 bit apps that I maintain. Both are written in C++ and use MFC. They do not use /CLR. The use of MFC is via a static library. Both programs use a multi-doc architecture. I am trying to use a SpaceNavigator in both programs. However, I am only able to receive SpaceNavigator messages, via ::On3DMouse(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam), in one of my apps. (On3DMouse() is implemented in the view of both apps.) Both programs are very similar in program architecture. I am at a loss as to how to get the second program to work. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help?

Thanks in advance.
jwick

Re: SpaceNavigator works only in 1 of 2 MFC apps

Post by jwick »

There's a good chance that the events are going to a different window than you expect. Run Spy to see where the events are going. Also, the 3DxWare log file (in %appdata%) can give clues as to which HWND is registered for the app.