Pressed/Released events

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

gibson1

Pressed/Released events

Post by gibson1 »

I have a quick question about pressed/released events. I have a SpaceMouse with two buttons, and when I click on the right button, a radial menu appears with 4 buttons. If I LMB click on a radial button, like 'Fit', I see that pressed/released events get sent. This is ok.

But, if I bring up the radial menu, and then move my mouse across a button (without clicking on it), pressed/released events still get sent. This happens when the mouse moves outside the client area of the radial menu, causing the menu to disappear. Is this the intended behavior? Because it seems like it shouldn't be sending pressed/released events without a mouse click.

btw, I'm running the SDK examples, 3DxTest32 and 3DxTstMFC, to see pressed/released events.
jwick

Re: Pressed/Released events

Post by jwick »

I think this is "Gesture mode". You can disable it...

I thought there was a way of doing this in the GUI but I can't find it.
It is controlled by an XML file setting in the <Menu> (<GesturesEnabled>) if you don't like it.
gibson1

Post by gibson1 »

Yes, that's it. Can gesture mode be disabled programmatically? If so, how?
Thanks.
jwick

Post by jwick »

I've confirmed that the GUI control was removed.
It is a user preference. There is nothing in our API to control it, but you can use any XML tool to modify the XML file.

This is a relevant snippet:

Code: Select all

<Menu Type="Radial">
			<Name>RM Views</Name>
			<ID>Base_MenuRM2</ID>
			<GesturesEnabled>true</GesturesEnabled>
You want to change true to false.

If you are creating a Radial Menu, the menu will be in an application-specific file in the %appdata%/…/3DxWinCore/cfg dir.
There's no global way of changing it. It is the sort of thing I would normally make global. It is per menu.
gibson1

Post by gibson1 »

Great, thanks for the help.