Using SDL with the SpaceMouse...some keys don't do anything....and the display

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

notkevinhise

Re: Using SDL with the SpaceMouse...some keys don't do anything....and the display

Post by notkevinhise »

Yes, it does. Thank you.

Can someone email me some info or sample code with just using raw USB? I'd really like to get rid of the Windows driver, and it would make our path to Linux much more clear.
jwick

Re: Using SDL with the SpaceMouse...some keys don't do anything....and the display

Post by jwick »

There is an email address you can send requests to.
Then I can send you all the sample code you want.

If you directly address the USB interface (HID interface) your code might require changes when new devices come out, and if your customers are allowed to buy any device they want.

We can discuss the pros and cons over email.
notkevinhise

Post by notkevinhise »

I'm sure I did sign up as a developer at one time. Perhaps I need to do it again.

When I've successfully added functions to the driver via SiAppCmdWriteActions(), and call SiAppCmdActivateActionSet() to activate the "context" I want for my application, there are other actions also included (so there's more than just what I've specified in my program) in the selection from the Buttons dialog when I select a button combo box:

Back View
Bottom View
Front View
Isometric View 1
Isometric View 2

...and etc., etc.

How can I remove these from the selection of actions? I'm not using them, and they don't make any sense at all for my application.

Thanks.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Our defaults seem to not work well for your application.
The only option then is to create a cfg file for your application.

The button flyout entries come from the cfg file. There is a UI section that determines what is shown in the button flyouts.

This is probably what is being used now (depending on which cfg file is being used):

Code: Select all

<Category Sort="false">
        <ID>UI_Views</ID><Name>STR_UI_VIEWS</Name>
        <ButtonAction><ID>V3DCMD_VIEW_BACK</ID></ButtonAction>
        <ButtonAction><ID>V3DCMD_VIEW_ROLLCW</ID></ButtonAction>
        <ButtonAction><ID>V3DCMD_VIEW_ROLLCCW</ID></ButtonAction>
By default any entries here would merge with the list we've already defined. You don't want that. To replace the entire section, use the replace operation:

Code: Select all

<Category Operation="replace" Sort="false">
        <ID>UI_Views</ID><Name>STR_UI_VIEWS</Name>
        <ButtonAction><ID>V3DCMD_VIEW_FIT</ID></ButtonAction>
        <ButtonAction><ID>V3DCMD_VIEW_1</ID></ButtonAction>
        <ButtonAction><ID>V3DCMD_VIEW_2</ID></ButtonAction>
There is also a Operation="delete", which would remove the entire category.