CadMouse cannot get SI_IS_EVENT

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

snguyen

CadMouse cannot get SI_IS_EVENT

Post by snguyen »

Hi, I hope this is not a duplicate question.

I ran the Win32 example from the SDK to capture SI_IS_EVENT. I get 1 message at the start of the program which correspond to SI_SYNC_EVENT and after that, nothing.

I am using a CadMouse and I wonder if I can get the button events with this or the sdk is only for the spacemouse.

What I want to achieve is make the middle button also holds shift when it's pressed down in order to make a dedicated PAN button for solid edge. I've checked with the software and it is not possible; the PAN function in the software is a "click to activate" and does not do what we want.
jwick

Re: CadMouse cannot get SI_IS_EVENT

Post by jwick »

If you are trying to run another plugin while our Solid Edge plugin is running, you will have problems. The driver will only communicate with one or the other.

It is best to use the driver's built-in capabilities to do this. You can create a Macro that adds a Modifier to the Middle Mouse button (Shift). We do something similar for SOLIDWORKS.

Code: Select all

<MacroTable>
		<MacroEntry>
			<ID>Shift_MMB</ID>
			<KeyStroke>
				<Modifiers>
					<Modifier>Shift</Modifier>
				</Modifiers>
				<MouseButton>Middle</MouseButton>
			</KeyStroke>
		</MacroEntry>
	</MacroTable>
If that doesn't work, there is an extension mechanism for the driver that can do more complicated actions. If this is useful, we can look to add it to our plugin/cfg.
snguyen

Re: CadMouse cannot get SI_IS_EVENT

Post by snguyen »

That worked flawlessly, I didn't know we could write custom macros.

Thank you very much!