Detect when the radial menu is opened and closed

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

ani

Detect when the radial menu is opened and closed

Post by ani »

Hi. I'm implementing support for 3Dconnexion device input in our CAD software for Windows.

In our application we take heavy control of the Windows cursor while the user is selecting a point in the world. We hide the Windows cursor and display our own cursor instead, and manually move the Windows cursor around (to the center of the screen) every now and then so that it doesn't move off the screen. This doesn't work well with the 3Dx radial menus taking control of the Windows cursor while the menu is on. To deal with this problem, I tried to find a way to detect when the radial menu gets/is opened or closed but the 3Dx library doesn't seem to give any event for this. Can't find anything to help with this in the SDK docs either.

Is there some way of detecting whether a radial menu is currently open or closed?
jwick

Re: Detect when the radial menu is opened and closed

Post by jwick »

Hello,

The Radial Menu does not move or control the cursor. It relies upon the user moving the cursor.

We can well imagine that the Radial Menus will not work correctly if your app is moving the cursor independently while the RM is displayed. I would think all menus would have a problem with that.

Sorry, we have no mechanism for telling the application that the Radial Menu is displayed. IIRC, it doesn't even get keyboard focus.