AutoCAD 2018, 3DC w/o Navbar, pls

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

N31

AutoCAD 2018, 3DC w/o Navbar, pls

Post by N31 »

Hello and good afternoon!

I just installed AutoCAD 2018 German and found out that the 3DC interface (10.5.2, SpacePilot, Win7x64) works only if the navbar is visible.

This failure is not an option!

In all the other applications, the driver works independent of any settings in the program, it is kind of superior over the program, and so it should be in ACAD, too. I like an uncluttered interface, and the darn navbar can't even be moved out of the editor.

Please fix this. If I have to click buttons every time I want to use the Navigator, I'd stay better with the mouse wheel. One click less.

Best regards.
UtaSH

Re: AutoCAD 2018, 3DC w/o Navbar, pls

Post by UtaSH »

Hello N31,

the navigation with the 3D mouse in AutoCAD 2011 and higher had been integrated by Autodesk. This issue can only be fixed by the developers from Autodesk. Please address your concern with the support team for AutoCAD.
N31

Post by N31 »

Ah. That's what you call fingerpointing, isn't it?

And why ecactly is it completely impossible for you to implement better drivers for AutoCAD than Autodesk themselves?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

It's not a matter of the driver - it's a matter of the implementation.

For applications where the plugin for the 3D mouse handles the navigation (like in Maya or 3dsmax) it's 3Dconnexion's responsibility. But for AutoCAD the navigation with the 3D mouse that's on Autodesk's side. (Same with Inventor BTW.)