could not load transport DLL, mwmtrans.dll

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

waiwai128bebe

could not load transport DLL, mwmtrans.dll

Post by waiwai128bebe »

I have this SpacePilot installed in my computer many months ago, it alwasy works fine. But one day, i just pull the USB out from my computer during night. Then it never work on me anymore. my PC always reject the SpacePilot. I am 100% the hardward is fine, because i tested on other PC, and it works fine. But just my PC that reject the software of the SpacePilot. When i reboot the computer, when the SpacePilot's software loaded, it will give me a pop up message. :"could not load transport DLL, mwmtrans.dll". I tried about 4 method that was suggested on the forum here, and called in the phone support. But none of those method works. Those method included:
1.) uninstall the software, reboot the computer then reinstall the software. Before the new software finish install, the error message pops out again. Result: Doesn't work, Error message comes out the same.
2.) going into the registry of my computer and deleted the SpacePilot software. Result: Doesn't work, Error message comes out the same.
3.) System Restore, because i had this problem and didn't have time to call in for troubleshoot, so the restore point was lost. I tried with about 10 different restore point. Result: Doesn't work, Error message comes out the same.
4.) Unplug the original USB port, Uninstall the software, reboot the computer, change to a different USB port, reinstall the software. Result: Doesn't work, Error message comes out the same.
5.) I thought might be my Anti-Virus software is blocking it, so i uninstall my Anti-Virus software, delete the anti-Virus software from the computer registry too. Then try reinstall the SpacePilot software 3 times. Result: Doesn't work, Error message comes out the same.

PLEASE HELP! I dont know what else i could do to fix it!!!
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi waiwai128bebe,

I do not recall seeing this issue before. Check the driver installation folder and see if you can find the missing file ("mwmtrans.dll"). Normally, it is stored in "C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware\3DxWare\UdTrans".

I assume you're using the latest software for your device. It also important to know what are your system details.
Nuno Gomes
waiwai128bebe

Post by waiwai128bebe »

i went into that folder too, but there is no missing file, i even tried the method of remove that file temporary, then for the "Update Wizard" in the software. Extract that file from the installer .exe and it did replace that file into root folder......but that still didn't work for me.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi waiwai128bebe,

Do you have any error messages listed in your 3DxWare.log file? It should be written to %appdata%/3dconnexion/3dxware.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
Honkponk

Post by Honkponk »

It's a normal conflict with the mouse-dragging software MouseImp Pro. First you have to load the 3dconnexion driver after that you can launch MouseImp Pro
Hidiho everyone!