SDK version and new devices

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

Zarlox

SDK version and new devices

Post by Zarlox »

Our software is currently built with the SDK version 3.0.

One of our client using the SpaceMouse Pro wireless says it won't work with our software but does work in CATIA. I was just wondering if it could be related to SDK version or something else.

We only have SpacePilot device in-house so we could not test spacemouse ones.
ngomes

Re: SDK version and new devices

Post by ngomes »

Hi Zarlox,

The SDK version will not be the limitation. Normally, these type of issues come up when programs check for a specific device type.

Go through the code that connects to the driver and handles event data. You may be able to find some sort of check that skips device (or device data) from non-SpacePilot types.
Zarlox

Post by Zarlox »

I will go through my code and see if I can find device specific parts.

Just another question. I see that software like CATIA is working with the my spacepilot pro even without the driver installed but my software only works with the driver installed.

Does it means DS is using something else than the SDK to interface with the mouse?
Zarlox

Post by Zarlox »

Ok, I guess CATIA is using raw input.

Well Turns out my client did not have the 3DX driver installed even though he told me he had (because CATIA is working probably). Thanks for your help.
russell17

Post by russell17 »

Zarlox wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:33 am Ok, I guess CATIA is using raw input.

Well Turns out my client did not have the 3DX driver installed even though he told me he had (because CATIA is working probably). Thanks for your help.
Glad the issue got resolved! Sometimes, it's the details like having the right driver that make all the difference. Smooth sailing ahead with CATIA now that the 3DX driver is in place. Happy working!