Application name.

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

icebeat

Application name.

Post by icebeat »

Hi,

How can I change the name of my application shown in the 3dMouse menu to be different to the name of the executable ?
I tried changing the field "Name" in the XML of my application that we created in C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64\Cfg. The first time I open the menu in my app, the name displayed is the same that I set in field Name but after close my application and launch again it change to the name of the executable.
UtaSH

Re: Application name.

Post by UtaSH »

You probably have already a config in your appdata folder. Go to %APPDATA%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg and remove the existing one.
icebeat

Post by icebeat »

Hi UtaSH,

No, I took care of delete all the "3Dconnexion" folders in Roaming and Local, and then I restarted the driver, and the name is the same.
Attached you can find our cfg files, aui.xml is located at "C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64\Cfg". Generated_aui.xml is the file the driver created the first time we ran our application. How you can see, the driver uses the executable name, but not the application name. Is there any possibility to change this behaviour?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos.
Attachments
aui.zip
(2.72 KiB) Downloaded 525 times
jwick

Post by jwick »

Turning on logging may help (systray icon). The log file is written to %LOCALAPPDATA%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxService.log.

I see that your cfg file has CfgFormatVersion="1.1". The latest version is 1.2. The driver may be rejecting your file because you put it in our default dir--I upgraded all our default Cfgs for the release. The log file will tell you.

A) Please use the latest version of the driver. It makes it easier for me to help debug your issue.

B) Instead of putting your Cfg in our default dir, put it into %PROGRAMDATA%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg. Your installer can do that and then Windows handles uninstallation correctly.

C) Update the Cfg to the new Cfg Format. The only thing you need to change is the AppInfo section. I've separated some of the elements functionally. The driver will try to use your old Cfg, but since the driver doesn't typically have write access to %PD%, it can't update it.

Let us know how this works.
icebeat

Post by icebeat »

Hi jwick,

After the installation of the latest drivers and copying our config file to %PROGRAMDATA%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg the problem was solved :D .

Thanks.