Can't find the SDK (TDxInput.dll)

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

benoit

Can't find the SDK (TDxInput.dll)

Post by benoit »

Hi all,

I just installed two times the driver for my old "SpaceMouse Classic serial" but I'm still not able to find the SDK. I can't find neither the TDxInput.dll, neither the registration in my registry.

Consequently , I'm not able to compile the demo in c++ you provide since it can't import the dll. What is strange is that I can use the mouse with your examples...

Is it specific to the driver I installed which doesn't do the same job (providing the SDK) as those of the more recent devices?

Thanks.
~ben
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi Ben,

The 3DxInput SDK (TDxInput.dll) only comes with 3DxSoftware 3.x. Unfortunately 3DxSoftware 3.x only supports USB devices. I assume you downloaded 3DxSoftware 2.x to get support for your older serial device. You can also download the old C/C++ SDK from the archive section if you want a version that will work with the older version of the driver. Software developed with the C/C++ SDK will work with any version of 3DxSoftware.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
benoit

Where is the archive section?

Post by benoit »

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, it makes a lot of sense!

However, I'm not able to find the archive section on your website. There are no information about it under the SDK or driver section. Is it hidden? Can you please give me a link on it?

Thanks a lot,
~Ben
Fred

Post by Fred »

Gp tp www.3dconnexion.com
Choose support
Driver download
Select your device
choose Archive
From there you can select the SDK you need