FTP site?

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

jcasey

FTP site?

Post by jcasey »

Is the FTP site down or am I doing something wrong?
I'd like to get the example files for alt device input methods.

Thanks!
Jeff
UtaSH

Re: FTP site?

Post by UtaSH »

The sample code is no longer available from the FTP service. Please contact 3Dconnexion API Support if you need further assistance.
jcasey

Post by jcasey »

Thanks, Uta -

I have contacted support directly by email, and they say that the examples use Vis Studio and that is my only option for coding support.
There appears to be a disconnect. Can I somehow get the examples of alternate means for getting the information out of the 3DX mouse?
Apparently there are methods using Raw Input, HID, and perhaps other methods. The examples used to be available by FTP. Can you send them to me?

Thank you for any help!
Jeff Casey
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi jcasey,
I have contacted support directly by email, and they say that the examples use Vis Studio and that is my only option for coding support.
There appears to be a disconnect.
I looked this up. API Support recommended that you use the sample code that is included in the 3DxWare 10, available from the link posted above.

It would seem that the recommend solution is to create a "shim" (wrapper) library created with Visual Studio which can then be imported/linked to by the development tool that you are using.